Reverse Inquiry - What Fine Pen Bodies Accept The Uniball Signo?

wru

I have a number of fine rollerball bodies - duofolds, lamy, etc. haven't found one that has a standard Oem refill that I like that is fine and smooth, like the signo. I also have a number of FP's, and love them but they just are not practical for on and off airplanes every week.

I love the signo .38's, but don't love the look in a professional setting. So rather than gamble I thought I would just ask - is there a compendium of bodies that accept the signo or uni refill without modification?

Point me in the right direction...

Thanks!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• usk15

• wru

• catbert

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite what you're looking for (refill-centric, involve modifications) but might be a starting point:

https://www.wellappointeddesk.com/2014/06/the-epic-refill-reference-guide-rollerball-gel-and-ballpoints/

https://pensandplanes.com/pen-hacks/

Have you considered a Kickstarter pen designed to take multiple refills, e.g.:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/klinkokids/ti-arto-the-ultimate-refill-friendly-pen

The Signo refills are perfectly swappable with all Energel pen bodies. There's a metal clicky body that is quite nice and comes in a variety of colors for less than $8. There is also a metal twist body that looks nice, but I've never held one in my hands (search for "Energel Philography" on JetPens).

Any pen body that will take a Pilot G2 refill will also take a Signo or Energel refill, but there will be tip wiggle since the hole in the tip is a little larger.

The Paper Mate Inkjoy Gel pen body feels great in the hand and seems pretty robust, but in comparison to the nicer looking metal pen bodies, the Inkjoy looks pretty cheap.

--flatline

You could try a pen designed to not leak when you fly! Vacuum filling pens seal off the main ink reservoir so that ink can't be pushed out by expanding air. The TWSBI Vac 700R and TWSBI Vac Mini are the two cheapest available options, and they're really good pens too!

Just received the new Ti Pocket Pro. It is amazing and accepts quite a number of fine refills.

The Signo 307 fits great. No tip wiggle at all..

Worth a look!

Jim

Jetstream prime?

You have already mentioned this pen previously. By any chance do you have a comparison photo against a Pentel Energel Alloy? Or any other regular pens?

I have a feeling the pen is too skinny.

I would have thought the Zebra Sarasa Grand would be one answer, but I don't own one one to compare with anything else.

I do have an Energel Alloy which is a well made, all metal pen, considering that the price is only about 3 times the normal plastic version.

the big names have made their standard line pens with more "elegant" bodies

Jetstream Prime (1 refill)

Sarasa Grand

Energel Philography

Acro Drive

however amongs the 4 pens I have stated only Pentel, Uniball and Zebra can accomodate a G2 form of the Signo Refill as they are all Retractable pens

however I have only seen Jetstream Prime in person when I was in Japan but I had no interest in it.

but I think you can try to ask Jetpens for photos as I was the one who hooked them up with each of this pen's info as they were being introduced in the JP market

for me the Prime is basically the same girth as a Sarasa... take that what you will

http://www.mpuni.co.jp/products/ballpoint_pens/ballpoint/jetstream_prime/prime_single/sxn2200_07.html

if I say the jetstream prime I talking about this model

Edited by Algester

Yes, I was referring to Jetstream Prime Single (1 refill).

I have the feeling the pen is too slim for my preference, also I kind of dislike the diamond onto clip.

Sarasa Grand looks odd and probably feel strange with the clip design.

Pentel Philography and Pilot Acro Drive also looks slim, also they are twist action, not my favorite.

Sooo, Pentel EnerGel Alloy RT stay on top of the list. I have 3 of them in silver, black and navy blue. I have tested and they are accepting EnerGel, Signo, Sarasa and Jetstream refills, plenty options out there!

Yes, I was referring to Jetstream Prime Single (1 refill).

I have the feeling the pen is too slim for my preference, also I kind of dislike the diamond onto clip.

Sarasa Grand looks odd and probably feel strange with the clip design.

Pentel Philography and Pilot Acro Drive also looks slim, also they are twist action, not my favorite.

Sooo, Pentel EnerGel Alloy RT stay on top of the list. I have 3 of them in silver, black and navy blue. I have tested and they are accepting EnerGel, Signo, Sarasa and Jetstream refills, plenty options out there!

I mean these are options but ehh not everyone has the same preference for me the Sarasa is ok though I only use the Clip version