The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Problem With Twsbi - Gushes Ink

twsbi

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 inkeverywhere

inkeverywhere

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2017 - 21:17

I had the same problem with my Eco, a pen I really enjoyed. The way it sits in my hand and writes, sometimes, when not gushing.

Twsbi sent me a new feed and barrel, me paying for the postage when their pen is faulty. The new feed fits more snuggly in the section. I followed every instruction to the letter about seating the feed in the section correctly and filling with ink, and guess what it still drops ink when I write.

I found a 100% guaranteed way to fix the problem, one Twsbi won't like. Clean the pen thoroughly, dry it thoroughly and then place it in your storage box and leave it there, no more dripping onto your work. Next step buy a Wing Sung 698 and have a far more enjoyable writing experience.

It just seems to me, there are too many stories like mine and your's Copykat not to assume there was a real problem in either the design or manufacturing of at least some of these pens.
In my humble opinion Twsbi should offer a guarateed not to drip replacement or refund, at NO cost to the owner, for such affected pens.

I should also say I own other model Twsbi pens, not a single problem with them and a joy to write with. Would I buy another Twsbi, I'd say the jury is still out on that question.....

Greg

Edited by inkeverywhere, 03 December 2017 - 18:34.

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Sponsored Content

#22 smiffy20000

smiffy20000

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:44

I certainly wouldnt buy another, and I have taken back advice that I have given elsewhere on buying a TWSBI asa  well made pen.

TWSBI blame me for using Diamine ink causing the piston to stick and/or taking the pen apart, like yourself IE, they wanted me to pay postage for a defective pen that was less than 2 months old and had seen very little use.

Edited by smiffy20000, 03 December 2017 - 11:45.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twsbi

Sponsored Content

|