Pen People In Central Jersey

Tom_Moritz

Salutations all,

I'm curious to know how many pen people, if any, live in or around the Central Jersey area who would be interested in gathering somewhere for some kind of meet up. I reckon that people in the area could get together here to kick ideas around regarding when and where to meet if any interest exists. A meeting like this would allow for members to meet other enthusiasts face to face and maybe make a new friend in doing so. Advertising the event may also lend itself to getting non-hobbyists to stop by, sparking new interest and adherents to the cult via exposure to the adherents themselves.

I know near where I live there is a nice public park which could make for a nice venue, especially now that Fall is fast on our heels. Better yet it's relatively close to everywhere in the area, including Pennsylvania. The park is massive and its parking lots have been designed accordingly, though sadly remain devoid of cars most of the time. That said, there should be more than ample parking for anyone interested, not that I would expect such a gathering to pose such a problem.

Please feel free to post any ideas you may have.

"If brute force has failed to yield the desired result, it simply means you've failed to yield enough force."

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom_Moritz

• kkshadow

• Anachronos

• Shrimpkin1

Hi ClockworkCollector,

Whereabouts in Central Jersey? I am in Princeton area pretty often, Jackson not so much, maybe could consider Lakewood/Brick.

Ken in Philly

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/carrieh/l.png

Howdy from Mount Laurel,

Maybe Princeton would be a fairly central point. Tom from the Ink Journal has been holding meetings in North Jersey, but it's an hour to an hour and a half drive for me. Would love to see one closer. I don't know if a park would be a good idea as daylight savings is soon gone and the New Jersey designated animal (the Mosquito) loves twilight time. Let me know if you get any other feedback.

Anachronos

Greetings from Hopewell Township! I'd love to participate in a Central NJ group. I currently attend the Big Apple Pen Club meetings when I can, though travel and work have made it hard lately. For anyone in the NY area, it's a fabulous group of very welcoming people with a ton of knowledge and cool toys. They meet the second Thursday of every month between 7-9pm. There's also a Philly group, but I get the sense they meet less regularly.

Princeton would be easy for me, and I might be able to pull a few others there as well. There's a Panera on Nassau St. with lots of tables that could work, and it's pretty quiet in the evenings. There's also a Panera on Route 1 that's huge and has a private room. There are plenty of other options for locations/venues as well.

Bottom line: count me in!

Najeeb

Najeeb

Could be interesting. I'm closer to New Brunswick, but Princeton isn't undoable.

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

I live in the rural area of Readington, in between Flemington and Whitehouse. About 20 minutes from Clinton or Bridgewater, and hour from New Brunswick. So I think I'm rather close to Mister5 and Shrimpkin1.

I have to say the idea of using the Panera as a meeting point is a great one Shrimpkin, as I understand that company is really relaxed with regards to larger groups so long as they're not rowdy. People can get coffee or food, maybe sit down to dinner together corny as some may find that notion.

Spread the word around my friends, we may be on to something here...

"If brute force has failed to yield the desired result, it simply means you've failed to yield enough force."

Princeton is the place it seems, and Panera sounds good. Has anyone had any luck finding more people? I reckon that if we want to do this we ought to get a date in order as well.

Wow a member that lives in central Jersey, St Lawrence!

I think you mean New Jersey my friend!!

Edited by Bergerac

flying-letter-postcard-exc.png

I'm new to the group, and the hobby - but I live in Tewksbury - I'd be very interested in getting together.

Let me know the proposed date...

There have been various meetups targeting Central New Jersey (I know because I led one of them when I lived in Princeton). Most recently Tom Oddo of Goldspot Pens has been organizing meetings at a Panera in or near Red Bank. He has publicized those here on FPN, you might want to try connecting with him first. Also, there is a Philadelphia Pen Collectors Group that has occasionally met in or around Cherry Hill, but mostly in King of Prussia (at Michael's Deli which has closed, thus they are looking for a new place to rendezvous. I believe that FPNers Frank_Federalist_Pens and Sargetalon might know more about the activities of the Philly group.