Cyber6

Scriptus Ink 2017 – Picture Review!!

For anyone who doesn’t know what Scriptus is.. Scriptus is the name of the Toronto’s Pen Show and Writing Show. Every year (since 2015) Scriptus has release a Show ink which becomes one of the highlights of the Show. The Scriptus show ink is done in collaboration with KWZ.

For Scriptus 2017, we have “150 Confederation Brown”, to celebrate the 150 years of Canada becoming a Confederation (proclaimed on July 1, 1867)

Since I am totally biased… I will just let the pictures do the talking. :D :D

LABEL: Sketch of the "Peace Tower", a Canadian Landmark. Is the focal clock Tower standing at the centre of the Canadian Parliament Building.

fpn_1506396171__scriptusintro01.jpg

fpn_1506396208__scriptusintro02.jpg

fpn_1506396360__scriptusintro03.jpg

fpn_1506396382__scriptusintro04.jpg

fpn_1506396403__scriptusintro4a.jpg

150 Confederation Brown, is an olive-brown that is extremely paper dependent. It seems to react to the different chemistry of every paper. On coated paper it looks more green, on more absorbent paper, more brown. On cardstock it shows almost black brown.

Below is 100% cotton paper...

fpn_1506396499__scriptusintro05.jpg

fpn_1506396544__scriptusintro06.jpg

Tester Pens: Three of my favorites EDC were used. In order (top to bottom), My extremely wet Sheaffer Legacy II with a stubbish Broad, my equally wet MB 149 with a luscious OBB and a lovely mid-wet Bexley (cant remember model). Ink was taken from the same bottle.

fpn_1506396566__scriptustester01.jpg

fpn_1506396588__scriptustester02.jpg

fpn_1506396610__scriptustester03.jpg

Tomoe River below...

fpn_1506396637__scriptustester04.jpg

and Rhodia..

fpn_1506396655__scriptustester05.jpg

Art from Alannah (@iamjoopiter)

fpn_1506396752__scriptusart01.jpg

fpn_1506396772__scriptusart02.jpg

Credits:

As with previous years (Maple Red 2015 and Northern Twilight 2016) the creative process is heavily manipulated by me. ;) The decision is all Scriptus, if the Scriptus lords want me to start from scratch, I will oblige. :lol: The artistry in manufacturing is all KWZ, so you know you will get a great performing ink with lush colour and saturation. The creative label is original artwork from Alannah (instagram @iamjoopiter) and this year we had the honour to get Salman Khattak (our own FPN Calligraphy expert, goes by SMK) to do the fabulous writing. :wub: :wub:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• Mew

• Tas

• white_lotus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Tas..... ONE guess to tell me the character... ;) ... LOL

Edited by Cyber6

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

@Tas..... ONE guess to tell me the character... ;) ... LOL

Is it a young Cruella de Vil, a couple of weeks after the terrible split with her boyfriend who treated her appallingly and triggered the rage within her . . . ?

Thank you, Claudia, for this great review.

My kind of ink, absolutely!!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: The art work. A very talented artist!

Could you, please, tell me what is the pen next to the drawing? Thank you in advance.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Is it a young Cruella de Vil, a couple of weeks after the terrible split with her boyfriend who treated her appallingly and triggered the rage within her . . . ?

No ... no... Alannah was watching The Royal Tenenbaums when sketching ... that's Gwyneth Paltrow.. ;)

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

You are very welcome!!!... :D :D

The Pen is the Serendipity Hybrid Pen. Is technically a dip pen holder with a HUGE ebonite feed and a number 6 nib. You can write/sketch pages before having to re-dip.

C.

Thank you, Claudia, for this great review.

My kind of ink, absolutely!!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: The art work. A very talented artist!

Could you, please, tell me what is the pen next to the drawing? Thank you in advance.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I love brown inks and this one is exceptional!

Thank you for this beautiful review.

Dana

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/postcard-mini.png http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

No ... no... Alannah was watching The Royal Tenenbaums when sketching ... that's Gwyneth Paltrow.. ;)

C.

Ooooooooh--how much is this drawing being sold for?

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Any chance/way for non-Canadians and non-attendees to get this ink?

Assuming it's like last year — no chance in Hell. Unless you want to travel to Toronto for the show, get there when it opens, and buy a bottle before it sells out in the first 40 minutes.

Cyber6 really has a way of making us all want an ink that we probably won't be able to get. Oh, well, that's life.

Assuming it's like last year no chance in Hell. Unless you want to travel to Toronto for the show, get there when it opens, and buy a bottle before it sells out in the first 40 minutes.

Cyber6 really has a way of making us all want an ink that we probably won't be able to get. Oh, well, that's life.

There must be a way, no? Considering that people who don't attend pen show in Japan have the exclusive ink bottle in a week after the opening day.