The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Are Lamy Studios Easy To Clean?

lamy studio rouge hematite

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 23:48

In particular, are they as easy to clean as Safaris / Vistas? I have a Vista dedicated to Rouge Hematite, which eventually gunks up but is very easy to clean, I got a a Studio will eventually get to me, and have to decide if I keep Rouge Hematite in the safe pen or use it in the Studio...

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Sponsored Content

#2 prashant.tikekar

prashant.tikekar

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:49

Studio has same filling mechanism as safari. So it is easy to clean. It uses same feed as safari and I was successful in removing and refitting it too like safari. So I find no difference in cleaning efforts between studio and safari.

#3 ParkerDuofold

ParkerDuofold

Jersey Boy

• Remembered Fondly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:42

Hi Pseudo88,

Yes. As noted above; same configuration, so it's also easy to clean.

With an ink like that, though; I would run the section under a luke-warm tap for a couple of minutes, (or give it a couple of full bulbs with an ear syringe), to get the bulk of the ink out; then let it soak overnight in plain water or a 10% clear ammonia solution... and then flush it under the tap, (or bulb syringe), again.

Then finish using an USC filled with distilled water as a final rinse... wick the nib with a Kleenex, (if you still get color on the Kleenex - run it through the USC again), and then it let air dry for 24 hrs.

Be well. :)

- Anthony

With thanks to my Mom & Dad; who taught me to run free, but not run wild.

Please pray the Rosary daily. Thank You, St. Jude, for favors granted. :)

Grab life with both arms and give it a bear hug every day! :D

#4 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,939 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 16:09

Studio has same filling mechanism as safari. So it is easy to clean. It uses same feed as safari and I was successful in removing and refitting it too like safari. So I find no difference in cleaning efforts between studio and safari.

Thanks!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#5 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,939 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 16:12

Hi Pseudo88,

Yes. As noted above; same configuration, so it's also easy to clean.

With an ink like that, though; I would run the section under a luke-warm tap for a couple of minutes, (or give it a couple of full bulbs with an ear syringe), to get the bulk of the ink out; then let it soak overnight in plain water or a 10% clear ammonia solution... and then flush it under the tap, (or bulb syringe), again.

Then finish using an USC filled with distilled water as a final rinse... wick the nib with a Kleenex, (if you still get color on the Kleenex - run it through the USC again), and then it let air dry for 24 hrs.

Be well. :)

- Anthony

Thanks, that's what I do (except the distilled water bit, don't have any around). Rouge hematite in particular requires soaking overnight.

B. Russell

#6 gryphon1911

gryphon1911

Stub Nib Addict!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2017 - 16:33

I find my Studio easy to clean, although I find most C/C easy to clean.

#7 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,939 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 20:02

I find my Studio easy to clean, although I find most C/C easy to clean.

Thanks, because rouge hematite is such a high maintenance ink, I'd rather have something I know how to take apart easily; for instance I'm not sure my Mujis are as easy to disassemble.

B. Russell

#8 Angel91

Angel91

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 September 2017 - 20:35

Very

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, studio, rouge hematite

Sponsored Content