The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Lamy Clip 'cap Rub' Aesthetic Wear

lamy cap clip wear damage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Inferno2Inferno

Inferno2Inferno

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2017 - 19:57

Hello fellow Lamy fans on FPN!

I am a long time Lamy user and a diehard fan. I just have a question for you about one of the ways your Lamys may wear and tear over time (pens with wear listed in brackets). Between my Logos (brushed and stainless steel), Al-Stars, Lxs, and Studios (black) I have noticed that within around 18-24 months of use, the clip rubs a fine line just underneath its point of contact with the cap with a varying degree of aesthetic wear. On the Logos regardless of style it rubs a fine clear line (way more noticeable on the brushed one making that one look almost like the matte one), on the Al-Stars and Lxs, the clip rubs to faint lines just underneath it fading the colour slightly and finally the black studio (and oddly only that one), has the black layer chipped off in that are revealing the clear metal underneath.

Just wondering if anyone else has borne witness to this phenomenon on their pens as well and if it is similar or different from what I am experiencing! 

"It is the thing itself but the view we take on it that offends us" -Epictetus

peninkgeek.wordpress.com

Sponsored Content

#2 Astronymus

Astronymus

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2017 - 20:20

Sound like a wear one would expect. I have a 30+ year old  Safari that show the usual wear.

» Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. But then later there's running and... and screaming. «

#3 Flippy

Flippy

Recycled feeds.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:31

It's normal with lots pens.  I have a Jotter that has that type of wear under its clip, and my Lamy is already showing a bit of wear there as well.

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of the truth

-Albert Einstein

Make sure to check out my Quora blog!  

https://pennest.quora.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, cap, clip, wear, damage

Sponsored Content

|