The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Boheme Moongarden

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kuli1961

kuli1961

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:20

Can anyone tell me whether the Boheme Moongarden fountain pen is still in MB's production?

Tried to purchase it at MB boutique in Vienna- no success. Boutique's staff showed no willingness to check whether it was possible to order that pen, even I offered a couple of hundreds of euros, as advance.

Reason why I am asking this question is- my daughter is about to obtain University diploma in law science next year, so Moongarden seems to be appropriate gift, among other gifts :)

Sponsored Content

#2 Lam1

Lam1

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 13:39

I have been told that it still is being produced by MB, but that they wait to have a number of them requested before doing it.
Apparently this takes a long time, because I bought one last Thanksgiving (for my wife), on a sale that LCdC had, but it was out of stock. I still haven't received it, and the above information is part of what Dennis told me (he assured me that I would get the pen, but he couldn't give me an estimate of when, partially because of software changes at MB).

I have been trying to convince my wife that 10 months, and counting, is a bit much to wait and that she is better off with another pen. But, the moongarden is darn beautiful and she is, understandably, reluctant to let go of it.

Perhaps, you could contact LCdC and ask. Maybe you will get lucky and MB is about to release a batch.

#3 kuli1961

kuli1961

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 19:49

Thanks, Lam!

I swore to myself- it HAS to be the Moongarden, for whatever cost! Reason for that means to me a lot. Next month I am visiting my daughter in Vienna, will try again. If there is no success again, some friends from Germany are ready to search for that pen in the boutiques, in their cities. 

#4 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 943 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 23:39

Good luck with your search, it's a stunningly beautiful pen, much nicer in life than photos indicate.

#5 Lam1

Lam1

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,063 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:41

Ooh, tough life: looking for the moongarden in Vienna! :)
Well, if you don't find the Moongarden, at least you'll have a treat for the eyes in Vienna. And, to relax in the intervals of the search, a good time in their fabulous cafes.

If you are willing to search, I saw one last summer at a shop in Glasgow (maybe they still have it. It isn't cheap, so it can't go easily out of the door). The store was at Princes Square and I believe it was called "The Pen Shop". It wouldn't hurt to send an email or call.

Good luck in your search and have fun in Vienna.

Edited to add: found the link

https://www.penshop.co.uk/

Hmm I think that is the site for the whole company, and it doesn't show the Moongarden. The specific store phone is
tel:0141 404 1452

Edited by Lam1, 22 September 2017 - 01:47.

#6 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,965 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2017 - 13:37

Try Bryant at Chatterley Luxuries. He's got such a wide network of international contacts that there are times he finds NOS pens when others can't.

#7 Uncial

Uncial

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2017 - 17:07

Ooh, tough life: looking for the moongarden in Vienna! :)
Well, if you don't find the Moongarden, at least you'll have a treat for the eyes in Vienna. And, to relax in the intervals of the search, a good time in their fabulous cafes.

If you are willing to search, I saw one last summer at a shop in Glasgow (maybe they still have it. It isn't cheap, so it can't go easily out of the door). The store was at Princes Square and I believe it was called "The Pen Shop". It wouldn't hurt to send an email or call.

Good luck in your search and have fun in Vienna.

Edited to add: found the link

https://www.penshop.co.uk/

Hmm I think that is the site for the whole company, and it doesn't show the Moongarden. The specific store phone is
tel:0141 404 1452

I was there back at the end of July and didn't see it in the store.

#8 kuli1961

kuli1961

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2017 - 18:03

Thanks to all who replied and gave me advice where to search for Moongarden. I know the Moongarden isn't cheap at all (price is around 3 zeroes :) ), but it worth the reason- hopefully, my daughter will become the fourth generation of lawyers in the family (not the mention that her grand grand father also graduated before the same University, 1917).

Wish me luck!

Vienna is a fabulous city, indeed, (again) this year it was declared a second most desirable city for living in the world. .after Sidney...

Schonbrunn castle, Museums Quartier, other numerous museums (incl. War Museum), Belvedere castle, Raathaus, Parliament, Vienna University...etc etc....

Sometimes  I regret that K und K Monarchy vanished as a outcome of The Great War (WW I) 

Sponsored Content

|