The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Blackstone Cmyk Inks - Magenta

australian inks mixable inks review blackstone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 00:39

This is my second review in the new line of Blackstone CMYK Fountain Pen line of inks, that are designed for mixing - and to date it's probably my favourite (unmixed, i.e. base) ink in the range.  Magenta is a strong, reddish-pink colour that's clearly visible on the page.  It's a smooth, lubricated ink that's very well behaved in the pen and on the page.

For more information on the ink range, and full disclaimers (I bought these inks with my own money!), see my earlier review of the Cyan ink at http://www.fountainp...cmyk-inks-cyan/ - or you can check out the product range at the Blackstone Inks website (http://www.blackstone.ink/index.php/blackstone-cmyk-ink-mixing-set).

Here's a scan and a photo of my written review - I think the scan is a little more accurate for colours.

D3Wg7GW.jpg

D33VEJX.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,080 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:58

Your 9 year old daughter and I have similar tastes!  Thank you for sharing.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#3 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:20

Your 9 year old daughter and I have similar tastes!  Thank you for sharing.

OK, OK, I admit it - my 9 year old daughter and *I* have similar tastes, too - at least when it comes to pink inks!  [I don't get to use them very often in my line of work, though...  Not 'subdued' or 'formal' enough??]

Edited to add: That didn't prevent me from buying a small bottle of Diamine Hope Pink, nor a full-sized bottle of Diamine Pink Glitz - my daughter loves those colours too, but they're part of *my* stash of inks!

Edited by Jamerelbe, 21 September 2017 - 03:22.

#4 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:31

I like it too as a stand-alone colour. I need to hunt down this CMYK kit!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: australian inks, mixable inks, review, blackstone

Sponsored Content

|