Noodler's Newest Ink - Polar Purple

amberleadavis

Has anyone seen it in person yet?

http://noodlersink.com/wp-content/uploads/19211.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Cyber6

• Vargouille

• inkstainedruth

Patrician Payraise?

Snow jobs?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I think they may have had this at the Noodler's table at this year's Commonwealth Pen Show. I sort of half looked at the swab, but don't really have a use for any of the Polar inks (Pittsburgh is in zone 6A :rolleyes:). Also, I seem to recall it looking sort of chalky (but then, to my eye all the Polar line do).

I'm afraid I didn't pay a lot of attention to the ink -- I don't think I realized it was new. I was more interested (at least from an intellectual standpoint) in the new line of dip pen/safety pen inks but of course the safety pens aren't on the market yet.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I think he was talking about this in the video with his Boston Safety Pen prototypes. It's another of his "subtle" political messages, I think about some northernly country, maybe Canada, constantly voting pay raises for itself. If you're in South Dakota and you've got family downstream of the government, you'd hear some griping about the brass getting raises but the lowly workers not getting their due.

AHHHH

I just want the 4 new colours (india ink) in 1oz bottles. :(

So sad I couldn't arrange to have someone buying the inks for me... He always announce them soooo late... :crybaby:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I had a friend there next to NT and he spoke with NT. He didn't see any new ink just for the show. Did you hear about any?

But I sure do love the label (as always), especially that guy with his hat and pipe!

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

All the inks at the show will be available for sale at some point. The only one that was specific to the show was the ink handed out at the door.

I picked up two of the 1oz. inks but havent had a chance to try them yet. I did see Polar Purple at the show as well but I have yet to try that line of inks. It looked pretty interesting.

Thank you DessertMaker! When you get a chance to show us the door ink (if you got it), I'd love to see it.

Along the same lines, and hopefully not too much off topic, what about the legal blue I keep hearing about?

My busy season began 9/1, so I've pretty much been off the forum since then, but my inbox is exploding with offers for the new Polar Purple and Legal Blue.

And what is this one oz India Ink of which you speak?

I saw the legal blue swatches, but it looked chalky. Has anyone done a review yet?

I know someone that got a bottle of it. He doesn't live close to me though. Maybe he will do a review, but he is busy...so maybe not.

I think he was talking about this in the video with his Boston Safety Pen prototypes. It's another of his "subtle" political messages, I think about some northernly country, maybe Canada, constantly voting pay raises for itself. If you're in South Dakota and you've got family downstream of the government, you'd hear some griping about the brass getting raises but the lowly workers not getting their due.

I wish he'd stop with the political messaging. Love the ink, but I don't want a political debate at work. It's kept me from buying some- Berning Red, Bernanke Blue for starters.

Physician- signing your scripts with Skrips!

I'm so tough I vacation in Detroit.

I had a friend there next to NT and he spoke with NT. He didn't see any new ink just for the show. Did you hear about any?

Sorry for my late reply. Yeah, I saw his youtube video and mentions that they will be limited number of bottles at the show. I am guessing, he did not have the time to get them ready for the show.

Good, cause now it means he will have to put them online to sell. :D

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• 1 month later...

I wonder if this would be a good substitute for Violet Vote? The color looks similar to me. Has anyone done any permanency testing for this one?

Find my homemade ink recipes on my Flickr page here.

"I don't wait for inspiration; inspiration waits for me." --Akiane Kramarik