The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Osama Iridium Point Fountain Pen - Help

iridium point osama osama writing instruments germany

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dro159

dro159

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2017 - 17:05

Hello Everyone,

So about 4 years ago, my father gave me a fountain pen that someone gave to him. It apparently was made in Italy, although the tip says "Iridium point germany" and the brand is osama. 

Doing some research, the company is based in Milano, Italy.

The pen is in great shape but I have never been able to find any cartridges or accessories for it. I've gone to staples, office max and even had a friend in Italy ask around but with no luck. Does any one have an idea of where I can purchase some? I'd love to use this pen. Would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Alex

Attached Images

• IMG_2479.JPG
  • IMG_2480.JPG
  • IMG_2481.JPG
  • IMG_2484.JPG
  • IMG_2485.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 Jerome Tarshis

Jerome Tarshis

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 17:11

What kind of cartridges have you already tried, that didn't fit the pen?

#3 dro159

dro159

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2017 - 17:19

What kind of cartridges have you already tried, that didn't fit the pen?

I tried some Parker cartridges but they are too thin and long so don't fit inside. The pilot ones I tried have the same issue. I also tried smaller ones from both brands but then they are simply too small and couldn't find any "in between" sizes

#4 Jerome Tarshis

Jerome Tarshis

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 17:48

Parker and Cross and Pilot and Sailor and Platinum all have proprietary cartridges. Those are not the first try for a generic pen that might have been made in Italy. Or sold by a company in Italy. Current Aurora pens will take Parker cartridges and converters. And the other way around.

The first try is standard international cartridges. Pelikan, Waterman, Sheaffer Skrip, Monteverde, or even Montblanc , which won't be the cheapest. There are lots of brands. Even house brands: I wouldn't be astonished if Office Depot has its own brand.

Short international cartridges aren't as totally "standard" as I might like, but you've got a chance. If short international carts of some brand do fit the pen, you might be able to fit a long international cartridge into the pen. Some pens have an interior space that will take a short, but is not large enough for a long.

If the manufacturer has a Web site (I haven't looked), you might ask. But international cartridges are what I'd guess.

#5 dro159

dro159

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2017 - 18:30

Parker and Cross and Pilot and Sailor and Platinum all have proprietary cartridges. Those are not the first try for a generic pen that might have been made in Italy. Or sold by a company in Italy. Current Aurora pens will take Parker cartridges and converters. And the other way around.

The first try is standard international cartridges. Pelikan, Waterman, Sheaffer Skrip, Monteverde, or even Montblanc , which won't be the cheapest. There are lots of brands. Even house brands: I wouldn't be astonished if Office Depot has its own brand.

Short international cartridges aren't as totally "standard" as I might like, but you've got a chance. If short international carts of some brand do fit the pen, you might be able to fit a long international cartridge into the pen. Some pens have an interior space that will take a short, but is not large enough for a long.

If the manufacturer has a Web site (I haven't looked), you might ask. But international cartridges are what I'd guess.

Perfect, I will do some research and see if I can find something from those brands that will work. Thanks you for your help!

#6 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,544 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 21:06

Short international (0.72ml)  are usually piggy back....so you would have 1.4 ml of ink.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#7 dro159

dro159

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2017 - 16:11

Short international (0.72ml)  are usually piggy back....so you would have 1.4 ml of ink.

I ended up ordering the Monteverde international size cartridges and they fit right in. The pen works perfectly, Thanks!

#8 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,171 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:28

Great. Enjoy writing with the pen.
Khan M. Ilyas

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iridium point, osama, osama writing instruments, germany

Sponsored Content

|