New Noodler's Pen

Uncial

Really? Did you get it from a U.S. Distributor? Who has it? I'm getting tired of waiting for Pen Chalet I'm ready to go somewhere else.

Nope. Pure Pens in the UK. As soon as someone posted here saying they were available, I went and made my purchase. Their website said it was a one-off and that once the ones they had were gone, they weren't coming back. So I acted quickly.

Now I'm wishing I had've waited for Pen Chalet, since I payed about $64 each instead of $55. Oh well. I guess a Rhodia #16 was included in that price too, at least.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eharriett

• EMQG

• Honeybadgers

• fountainpen51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, Pen Chalet still doesn't have them & Pure Pens is out now.

So, looks like you paid $64 for the only ones around -- not a bad deal :P

(also: hello from /r/fountainpens)

Well, Pen Chalet still doesn't have them & Pure Pens is out now.

So, looks like you paid $64 for the only ones around -- not a bad deal :P

(also: hello from /r/fountainpens)

I’ve been refreshing their page a couple times a day, every day as well. Looks like I may have to fall back on to a plan B for a gift for someone for the holidays and then maybe just get one for myself if the opportunity ever arises.

I have a waterman #2 extra fine wet noodle literally sitting on standby for this pen.

Grind a Creaper down to XXF and take a little off the sides.

My modified #2 is better than any wet noodle I have but only runs on Bungubox for some reason I can't figure out.

I think it is better than any #6 stainless (FPR or Noodler's) and better than the FPR #5.5

Grind a Creaper down to XXF and take a little off the sides.

My modified #2 is better than any wet noodle I have but only runs on Bungubox for some reason I can't figure out.

I think it is better than any #6 stainless (FPR or Noodler's) and better than the FPR #5.5

If it'll write with Bungubox, it'll write with Sailor. Same stuff, half the price.

Has anyone spoken with Pen Chalet directly?

I asked them direct. They said they expected it awhile ago I asked if they’d get it before the holidays and they said they were not sure anymore.

There's a new video about them posted in another thread. It sounded as if Nathan was still having production issues (and the current batch of pens in the UK -- assuming there are any left -- are slightly different, because they're prototypes. Very interesting video, and makes me want one of these pens even more now (I didn't buy any of the special inks at the Commonwealth show in September, because without the pen the inks don't do me a whole lot of good unless I had dip pens).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

ORDERED!!!!!

I'm sitting in a rest area aoutside Cincinnati on I-71. Pulled over and placed it. That's a new one.

Thank you for posting that on the one day I'm out on appts this week and couldn't watch for it myself.

ORDERED!!!!!

I'm sitting in a rest area aoutside Cincinnati on I-71. Pulled over and placed it. That's a new one.

Interrupted late dinner to order one...

Thanks for posting!!!

*UPDATE*

SOLD OUT as of 11:00 Pm.

Interrupted late dinner to order one...

Thanks for posting!!!

*UPDATE*

SOLD OUT as of 11:00 Pm.

Oh thank goodness I got my order in!

That’s an interesting system. If you follow fountainpen51’s link, you go right to pre-sale, now sold out. You can pay and everything, fortunately, which is what I did. But if you go directly to the sire, you go to the standard “sign up to be notified” link and can’t actually give them your money. You can’t get to the pre purchase link through the site that I could see. I feel as if I just made a secret sale purchase. Hope it goes through as expected!

I got my pre-order in this morning, but all it says is i'll be notified as one of the first, it wouldn't let me pay anything. did I do something wrong?

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I got my pre-order in this morning, but all it says is i'll be notified as one of the first, it wouldn't let me pay anything. did I do something wrong?

It happened to me, I went to the shopping cart and there I was to pay the pen directly.

In about a week it will come out, that's what they told me.

Edited by fountainpen51

I'm hoping that production will ramp up. I saw the latest video Nathan did, and he said that he's never had such a low initial run for a pen model. And I had talked to him at his table at the Commonwealth Pen Show in September and he basically said he'd been having all sorts of production issues.

I definitely want one, but I guess I'm going to have to be patient.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."