Top Posters In This Topic

• PenHero

• joss

• RICARDOBORBA

• devavictrix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the snap Gold cap version. I noticed it is a slip cap which is like mine - is it still an imperial?

Great ads, thanks for sharing! Do you also have the publication year of these two ads?

14 hours ago, RICARDOBORBA said:

These pens are very common here in Brazil, because they were made here. There is also the same pen with chrome plated cap, called Imperial Silver.

Do you have there official names or numbers ?? or where they simply Imperial Silver, Imperial Gold !! i think i am right in saying the ( AS9 ) was a factory designation which would not have been used for the buying public

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your patience. Last week I send some of Brazilian catalogs to PCA Library (https://pencollectorsofamerica.org/reference-library/sheaffer/), you can check them there.
Unfortunately I don't have the catalog that shows this earlier Imperial Pen. This pen was offered for a short time, since the Brazilian Sheaffer started to produce pens arround 1959-1960 and the 1966  advertisement shows the new design of the Imperial models.

Those are great items, thanks for sharing!

I had a quick look at the catalogs and it is interesting that the 1972 Brazilian catalog still shows the old "stylised S" Sheaffer logo. Sheaffer USA advertisements show that this logo was discontinued in 1970, at least in the USA, and replaced by the white dot logo (white circle on a black square).

Canadian and European Sheaffer ads from the 1950s-60s listed the different Sheaffer subsidiaries: until 1959 these included, next to USA, Canada, England and Australia while from 1960 onwards it includes Sao Paulo Brazil and from 1963 onwards it includes Buenos Aires Argentina.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files