The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

A Special Inkvitation

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:06

goodpens - those look great and I'm glad you used it!

M - I'm glad that they arrived.

If you see one of my posts and an image is missing, please copy the the URL or the link to the post and send me a PM (Private Message) so that I can upload the images. I changed hosting companies and not all of the images were uploaded.

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar?  

Get a chance to try out pens look at the TWSBI Loaners  and  Estie Loaners

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks

Fountain pens are my PREFERRED ADVANCED COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas.

Sponsored Content

#22 Inkroyable

Inkroyable

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2017 - 14:25

Good morning Amber Lea,

I went by the post office on my way to work yesterday afternoon. Your 'Special Inkvitation' goodies had arrived - they and your artwork on the envelope brightened my whole day. I'm looking forward to sitting down and participating in this fun project.

Thank-you

the Cat did it
Posted Image

#23 csgebhart

csgebhart

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2017 - 15:15

I am mailing these off today.

Attached Images

• CRV_crop.jpg
  • LetterToPatCrop.jpg

~ Cheryl >^..^<

My inks I'm willing to trade: Pelikan 4001 (Turquoise, Brilliant Brown, Brilliant Black), Noodler's (Lexington Gray, Polar Brown, Bulletproof Black), Private Reserve (Sepia, Purple Mojo), Cross (Blue), Parker Quink (Black), Robert Oster (Fire & Ice), De Atramentis (Archive Black, Document Violet), Callifolio (Violet), KWZ (Gummiberry), Pilot Iroshizuku (Syo-Ro), Diamine (Ancient Copper).

My pens: Waterman 52 (vintage flex), Waterman Expert (medium), Unknown brand pen with Bock nib, 3 TWSBI Eco (fine, medium, 1.1mm stub), 3 Pilot Metropolitan (fine, medium, 1.0 mm stub), Fountain Pen Revolution Guru (flex), 2 Cross (Century II fine, Classic Century fine), 2 Lamy Safari (fine, medium), Pilot Penmanship (extra fine), Platinum Carbon Desk Pen (extra fine), 2 Platinum Preppy (fine), Parker 25, 2 Noodler's nib creaper, Noodler's Ahab.

#24 Inkroyable

Inkroyable

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:04

I sent the card to my 'single dad' brother-in-law.

He hosted a fantastic Canadian Thanksgiving

dinner for the whole family last weekend.

It was written with a Pilot Metropolitan F nib in

Sailor Sei-Boku nano blue black waterproof ink.

I really like the dark turquoise color.

fpn_1507953730__thanksgivingcard-sm.jpg

Edited by Inkroyable, 14 October 2017 - 04:07.

the Cat did it
Posted Image

#25 Memory

Memory

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2017 - 17:59

Thanks to Okami's amazing gift package, I'm really inspired to try and create some art. I'm not sure how sucsessful I'll be, but practice makes perfect, right? Plus I konw a few folks that desperately need cheering up. If there's still a set left, I would love to be included. 

Are you interested in any particular ink samples? I have a few Montblanc limited edition inks and a few inks that aren't too common. Would you prefer samples of that? Or more standard lines? 

I'll PM you with my address just in case there's some available. Thanks in advance. I can't wait until I can pay it forward in some way to others. I was having a bad day until Okami's heavy box arrived. I squealed so loudly that I scared my two pups, and my mouth was hanging open for a good 5 minutes because I couldn't believe everything that was included. Now I want to use them not only to see if I'm actually creative or not, but more importantly to reach out to some friends that are having a rough go of things. 

#26 egglorru

egglorru

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:46

The content of my letter is rather personal so I'm not uploading a photo of that, but I did want to share the amount of effort I put into making the envelope stay closed!  :D https://www.dropbox.....42 PM.png?dl=0

Edited by egglorru, 25 November 2017 - 05:47.

Inks I have for trade: Private Reserve - Avocado, Copper Burst, Naples Blue, Purple Haze, Sepia, Shell Pink; Noodler's - Apache Sunset, Heart of Darkness, Periwinkle, Red-Black, Baystate Blue, Texas Bluebonnet; Sailor - Sei-Boku, Shigure, Miruai; Diamine - Blue Lightning, Brandy Dazzle, Golden Sands, Night Sky, Apple Glory, Autumn Oak, China Blue, Red Dragon, Sunshine Yellow; Akkerman - Dutch Masters Gele Oker van Frans; Fountain Pen Revolution - Blue-black; J. Herbin - Rose Red (scented), Terre de Feu, Bleu Pervenche, Cacao du Bresil, Vert Reseda, Vert Empire, Emerald de Chivor; Iroshizuku - Fuyu-Gaki; Röhrer & Klingner - Scabiosa; De Atramentis - Black-Brown, Jasmine (scented); Montblanc - Corn Poppy red; Platinum - Cassis Black; Storia - Lion Light Brown; Waterman - Inspired Blue; KWZI - Grey Plum; Robert Oster - Viola

#27 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:12

Well, it is very very pretty.

If you see one of my posts and an image is missing, please copy the the URL or the link to the post and send me a PM (Private Message) so that I can upload the images. I changed hosting companies and not all of the images were uploaded.

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar?  

Get a chance to try out pens look at the TWSBI Loaners  and  Estie Loaners

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks

Fountain pens are my PREFERRED ADVANCED COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas.

Sponsored Content

|