The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Bunmeisha Japanese Vintage Eyedropper Pen

japanese vintage eyedropper japanese eyedropper fountain pen bunmeisha

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pen_Padawan

Pen_Padawan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:20

Hi FPN,

I am trying to find some history on this pen stamped Bunmeisha.  It is a Japanese eyedropper with sealing rod. The barrel is marked Bunmeisha / Tokyo.  The barrel is black lacquer.  The nib is stamped: Special's / Zion Yiu / Hardest / Iridiumpen / -3-.

I did not see Bunmeisha under the topic: Pen Manufacturers Current and Past, so does anyone know anything about this pen?  Thanks in advance for the education.

Pen_Padawan

IMG_4333.JPG IMG_4336.JPG IMG_4334.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 peerless1

peerless1

Antique

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 20:23

Pen looks prewar. One of the many unknown makers, jobbers, sellers of the era. Gold filled nib. Maybe a bit better than some. Two bands on cap and urushi on the clip. If it means anything, I think Bunmeisha was a stationary shop.

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

#3 Pen_Padawan

Pen_Padawan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:16

Peerless1,

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, very interesting.  I think I'll try to find out more about the stationary shop.  Plus my goal is to replace the back seal and get this old pen writing.

Thanks again,

Pen_Pandawan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: japanese, vintage, eyedropper, japanese eyedropper, fountain pen, bunmeisha

Sponsored Content

|