The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

New Pelikan Special Edition Souverän 605 White-Transparent

new pelikan special edition souveran m605 pelikan 605 white transparent iguana sell

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#161 yeepers

yeepers

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 20:50

For comparison :) Sorry the pic is a little low res. Was taken for other purposes so might be a bit fuzzy here.

IMG_4473.JPG

Sponsored Content

#162 JulioPB

JulioPB

Julio

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2017 - 14:30

For comparison :) Sorry the pic is a little low res. Was taken for other purposes so might be a bit fuzzy here.

attachicon.gifIMG_4473.JPG

Nice trio

#163 daenghafez

daenghafez

exquisite & rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2017 - 15:47

attachicon.gifIMG_4473.JPG

Great shot! Thanks for sharing!

#164 Striated

Striated

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:26

Early days yet, but I think this will prove to be one of my favorite birds.  I wish it were a little more ivory than it is, but there is something so cool about seeing the color of the ink (4001 Königsblau to start with) between the white striations.  :D

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

#165 asegier

asegier

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:00

I just got one myself.  Perhaps I'll see if I can post pics of it later next to my M215 Blue, & M805 Stresseman.

#166 yeepers

yeepers

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 15:45

I wish that the piston would retract further allowing a larger fill. Does it drive anyone else nuts that you can only fill half the pen?? All that wasted space for ink :( 

#167 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2018 - 15:55

I wish that the piston would retract further allowing a larger fill. Does it drive anyone else nuts that you can only fill half the pen?? All that wasted space for ink :(

I often get bored with the same color before the pen is empty, so for me, no.  I do not have colors dedicated to one pen, so I find them just right.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."     -Pablo Picasso

#168 invisuu

invisuu

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2018 - 20:39

Conid has solved this problem, but Im confident the design is patented. I dont really see a workaround [for piston fillers] unless they implement a telescopic rod.

Edited by invisuu, 03 January 2018 - 20:40.

#169 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• 1,599 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:15

Compared with converters, it's generous. I kind of like peering into the pen and seeing the ink on one side, and the mechanism on the other.
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

#170 OrangeHuo

OrangeHuo

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:23

Certainly it looks very beautiful. However I wonder if filled with ink, the barrel may not seem to be a nice one, lol.

#171 Kevan

Kevan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:16

I used to think the same way, but honestly you still get a load of ink.  Like double the amount of a converter (or more).  And I'm one of those that gets bored of ink colors, and on the off-chance I do need a ton of ink, there's always my Pilot Custom 823.

#172 simar

simar

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:50

New M605_DSC5918.JPG

#173 minddance

minddance

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,516 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:08

What nib size is this please?

#174 simar

simar

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:52

What nib size is this please?

This is a medium ground to a stub for me by Daniel Smith .

#175 minddance

minddance

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,516 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 18:38

Lovely!

#176 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• 1,599 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2018 - 23:43

New M605 _DSC5918.JPG

Those are the two pens I have inked up now, too!
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

#177 Green Ink

Green Ink

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:57

I'm loving my White Transparent.

A note on inks: my first inking was Akkerman Hofkwartier Groen. It left a faint stain on the tip of the piston that could only be seen when looking straight into the barrel. It also left a stain on the screw area inside the barrel. Neither stain could be seen at all from the outside of the pen. 

The second ink was Waterman Inspired Blue. There is no stain at all on the tip of the piston now. There is only a little of the green stain left on the screw area inside the barrel. This is completely invisible from the outside of the pen. No worries.

The grip and the area around where the nib inserts looks exactly like new.

I'm delighted! it's a great pen. I don't have anything else that's like it.

Does anyone else have any ink experiences with their White Transparent?

Edited by Green Ink, 18 February 2018 - 19:40.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, pelikan, special edition, souveran, m605, pelikan 605 white transparent, iguana sell

Sponsored Content

|