The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

New Pelikan Special Edition Souverän 605 White-Transparent

new pelikan special edition souveran m605 pelikan 605 white transparent iguana sell

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#141 invisuu

invisuu

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:31

My copy of the M605 White ion White arrived from Dan Smith a couple of days ago.  Dan turned the broad nib into a very nice cursive italic.  I wasn't initially knocked out by the pen's looks like I was with the white tortoise but it is growing on me a lot.  There is a pearlescent quality to the white stripes that really comes out under artificial light.  My first fill was with Iroshizuku Kon Peki but I'm not convinced that this is the right color to bring out the beauty of the pen.  Any ink color suggestions??

Congrats, that sounds great. I love that (pearlescent quality) about Anthracite finish as well. You can go with practically any colour with a white pen, but Id probably go with some sort of rich pink.

Sponsored Content

#142 inotrym

inotrym

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:01

The spaces between the white lines that decorate the barrel are clear.  You can definitely see where the ink level ends and the piston begins and you can also see the piston shaft.  The entire piston mechanism is white so it doesn't immediately jump out at you but it sure looks different than where the ink is.

I wonder if it would look better had it been completely opaque. At least they went for white internals.

Enjoy your pen! Come back to tell us what ink you chose. :)

#143 Ed_Usinowicz

Ed_Usinowicz

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2017 - 22:16

Thanks!

#144 Waltz For Zizi

Waltz For Zizi

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2017 - 22:18

Thanks!

Did it work? Did they agree to ship it? I'm extremely curious.

#145 Ed_Usinowicz

Ed_Usinowicz

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 17:16

Did it work? Did they agree to ship it? I'm extremely curious.

Sadly it was a misunderstanding on my part,I thought this was in reference to the white M605. But wow! what smoking hot prices! I have not contacted them. In my dreams I would love to visit Sighisoara, so perhaps someday, but thank you again for your help.

#146 Waltz For Zizi

Waltz For Zizi

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 17:37

Sadly it was a misunderstanding on my part,I thought this was in reference to the white M605. But wow! what smoking hot prices! I have not contacted them. In my dreams I would love to visit Sighisoara, so perhaps someday, but thank you again for your help.

That's nothing. I just found another website where they have the piNk pelikan for 200$, and the m1000 for 320$.

Edited by Waltz For Zizi, 19 November 2017 - 17:37.

#147 Ed_Usinowicz

Ed_Usinowicz

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 19:30

That's nothing. I just found another website where they have the piNk pelikan for 200$, and the m1000 for 320$.

This is crazy, I love it! This is once again the value of a forum with members from around the globe. There is a member here (his last initial is Olson  :thumbup:  ) that portends the usage of eBay vs. eBay.de and other European sites. It really is enlightening to have a look around.

#148 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:55

Who is still waiting for their pre-ordered White Transparent?

Me, for one...

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."     -Pablo Picasso

#149 Lam1

Lam1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,579 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:44

Who is still waiting for their pre-ordered White Transparent?

Me, for one...

+1

So far, no news from the one I ordered either!  :bawl:

#150 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,302 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 13:41

I would definitely buy a pink one for $200.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

#151 yeepers

yeepers

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:02

But you're not willing to share where??

#152 yeepers

yeepers

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:08

Finally arrived today. Boy it's hard to get good pics of this bird.

IMG_4377.JPG

IMG_4376.JPG

#153 Mister5

Mister5

Blue Black

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:49

Thanks for the great pics Yeepers. Curious to see what it looks like inked up. It looks a lot better than I expected (or maybe its your good photography :) )

Inked:  Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black);  Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

#154 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• 1,631 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 November 2017 - 18:55

I finally ordered mine from a retailer in Southern Germany. I think the combination of translucent and opaque elements, and the play between white and pearl will be an interesting experience. Let's see if that turns out to be true!
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

#155 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• 1,631 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2017 - 19:07

Dec. 9 - Over two weeks later, I'm still waiting for the pen. Not the German's fault - the package arrived in NYC on Nov 30; since then it's been tracked by USPS which missed the Dec 6 delivery date and has no further news of it.

Edited by Calabria, 09 December 2017 - 19:07.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

#156 Waltz For Zizi

Waltz For Zizi

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2017 - 19:12

Dec. 9 - Over two weeks later, I'm still waiting for the pen. Not the German's fault - the package arrived in NYC on Nov 30; since then it's been tracked by USPS which missed the Dec 6 delivery date and has no further news of it.

That's so saddddd.

Edited by Waltz For Zizi, 10 December 2017 - 07:35.

#157 oregano

oregano

Fairly Dipped

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2017 - 00:08

Well, I finally ended up going with the flock and getting one lol. While it doesn't give me as much pleasure as my white tortoise, it is a unique pen in Pelikan's line-up and nice to change it up when I want to give the white tortoise a rest. I can confirm it looks much better in person and the pearlescence adds a festive ribbon-effect to the stripes.

#158 daenghafez

daenghafez

exquisite & rare

• Member - Gold

• 1,579 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:32

Finally arrived today. Boy it's hard to get good pics of this bird.

attachicon.gifIMG_4377.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4376.JPG

Great photo shots! That does present its beauty. I might have to pull the trigger someday to continue completing the 600 collection. Thanks for sharing.

#159 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• 1,631 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2017 - 18:58

Two pictures of my new M605 white ghost – the white is like bone china (the cup placed next to it in the picture) and captures the light. The satin stripes reveal the ink in eye-catching ways, while the rhodium nib adds a technical edge. It's certainly minimal, even unsubstantial – and at the same time appears to have more girth than its black M605 cousin (I guess black is a slimming color). A pen of contradictions. Whether it's a novelty item or will turn out to be a classic, only time will tell.

fpn_1513449781__img_5007_copy.jpg

fpn_1513449628__img_5011_copy.jpg

Edited by Calabria, 16 December 2017 - 19:03.

– Lin Yu-T'ang

#160 Nyanzilla

Nyanzilla

=^.^=

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2017 - 20:46

Aww. I should stop watching those pictures. They make me wanting pens which I can't afford. :rolleyes:  I had in mind to skip this model, but now.... :blush:

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, pelikan, special edition, souveran, m605, pelikan 605 white transparent, iguana sell

Sponsored Content

|