New Pelikan Special Edition Souverän 605 White-Transparent

Iguana Sell

My copy of the M605 White ion White arrived from Dan Smith a couple of days ago. Dan turned the broad nib into a very nice cursive italic. I wasn't initially knocked out by the pen's looks like I was with the white tortoise but it is growing on me a lot. There is a pearlescent quality to the white stripes that really comes out under artificial light. My first fill was with Iroshizuku Kon Peki but I'm not convinced that this is the right color to bring out the beauty of the pen. Any ink color suggestions??

Congrats, that sounds great. I love that (pearlescent quality) about Anthracite finish as well. You can go with practically any colour with a white pen, but Id probably go with some sort of rich pink.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calabria

• Waltz For Zizi

• BillH

• oregano

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The spaces between the white lines that decorate the barrel are clear. You can definitely see where the ink level ends and the piston begins and you can also see the piston shaft. The entire piston mechanism is white so it doesn't immediately jump out at you but it sure looks different than where the ink is.

I wonder if it would look better had it been completely opaque. At least they went for white internals.

Enjoy your pen! Come back to tell us what ink you chose. :)

Did it work? Did they agree to ship it? I'm extremely curious.

Sadly it was a misunderstanding on my part,I thought this was in reference to the white M605. But wow! what smoking hot prices! I have not contacted them. In my dreams I would love to visit Sighisoara, so perhaps someday, but thank you again for your help.

Sadly it was a misunderstanding on my part,I thought this was in reference to the white M605. But wow! what smoking hot prices! I have not contacted them. In my dreams I would love to visit Sighisoara, so perhaps someday, but thank you again for your help.

That's nothing. I just found another website where they have the piNk pelikan for 200$, and the m1000 for 320$.

Edited by Waltz For Zizi

That's nothing. I just found another website where they have the piNk pelikan for 200$, and the m1000 for 320$.

This is crazy, I love it! This is once again the value of a forum with members from around the globe. There is a member here (his last initial is Olson :thumbup: ) that portends the usage of eBay vs. eBay.de and other European sites. It really is enlightening to have a look around.

Who is still waiting for their pre-ordered White Transparent?

Me, for one...

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Who is still waiting for their pre-ordered White Transparent?

Me, for one...

+1

So far, no news from the one I ordered either! :bawl:

I would definitely buy a pink one for $200.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

But you're not willing to share where??

Thanks for the great pics Yeepers. Curious to see what it looks like inked up. It looks a lot better than I expected (or maybe its your good photography :) )

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

I finally ordered mine from a retailer in Southern Germany. I think the combination of translucent and opaque elements, and the play between white and pearl will be an interesting experience. Let's see if that turns out to be true!

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

• 2 weeks later...

Dec. 9 - Over two weeks later, I'm still waiting for the pen. Not the German's fault - the package arrived in NYC on Nov 30; since then it's been tracked by USPS which missed the Dec 6 delivery date and has no further news of it.

Edited by Calabria

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Dec. 9 - Over two weeks later, I'm still waiting for the pen. Not the German's fault - the package arrived in NYC on Nov 30; since then it's been tracked by USPS which missed the Dec 6 delivery date and has no further news of it.

That's so saddddd.

Edited by Waltz For Zizi

Well, I finally ended up going with the flock and getting one lol. While it doesn't give me as much pleasure as my white tortoise, it is a unique pen in Pelikan's line-up and nice to change it up when I want to give the white tortoise a rest. I can confirm it looks much better in person and the pearlescence adds a festive ribbon-effect to the stripes.

Finally arrived today. Boy it's hard to get good pics of this bird.

attachicon.gifIMG_4377.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4376.JPG

Great photo shots! That does present its beauty. I might have to pull the trigger someday to continue completing the 600 collection. Thanks for sharing.

Two pictures of my new M605 white ghost – the white is like bone china (the cup placed next to it in the picture) and captures the light. The satin stripes reveal the ink in eye-catching ways, while the rhodium nib adds a technical edge. It's certainly minimal, even unsubstantial – and at the same time appears to have more girth than its black M605 cousin (I guess black is a slimming color). A pen of contradictions. Whether it's a novelty item or will turn out to be a classic, only time will tell.

fpn_1513449781__img_5007_copy.jpg

fpn_1513449628__img_5011_copy.jpg

Edited by Calabria

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Aww. I should stop watching those pictures. They make me wanting pens which I can't afford. :rolleyes: I had in mind to skip this model, but now.... :blush:

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=