The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

New Pelikan Special Edition Souverän 605 White-Transparent

new pelikan special edition souveran m605 pelikan 605 white transparent iguana sell

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#181 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:31

Very pretty but after the gold-marbled M200, I won't buy another white model. Mine has the hairline cracks around the inside of the cap, which appeared on the 2nd day of use. They don't penetrate through to the outside so I can live with it but it belies their assurances that this problem had been taken care of. I suspect this also happens on black caps but we just can't see it on those.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Sponsored Content

#182 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:03

This is the first time I've heard of the cracking problem on an M200 in white. There are plenty of people who have provided information with pictures of it happening with M600 models. It's a shame - I'd hoped it was only a batch issue and restricted to one model. I own a white tortoise M400 and so far it is fine. I strongly suspect it is the white resin that is the problem as I can't recall ever hearing about caps and piston nobs cracking on others.

#183 LuckyKate

LuckyKate

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2020 - 01:23

I use J. Herbin Vert de Gris in my transparent white and haven't had any issues with staining. But I use a syringe to fill rather than dipping the nib, just as a precaution. It washed out fine.

On the other hand, Tsuki-yo did stain my White tortoise 600, but the inside of the barrel, not the section, with a small faint stain. I've scrubbed it and soaked it to no avail. 

Edited by LuckyKate, 02 August 2020 - 01:24.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, pelikan, special edition, souveran, m605, pelikan 605 white transparent, iguana sell

Sponsored Content

|