I've used Jonathan Veley's Eversharp Pencil web site extensively along with his catalog but I just went to his web site and it's 404; gone. Does anyone know what happened and will he be back?
|***** The FPN Admin Team *****|
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Jonathan Veley's Eversharp Pencil Web Site - Where Did He Go?
Posted 14 September 2017 - 18:08
I tried contacting through his blog but didn't get a reply.
Posted 14 September 2017 - 22:56
I thought I posted here, but I guess not. If you do Facebook, he's there, or was recently.
Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:46
Hey all, I'm just reading this and thought I'd post a reply.
I lost my hosting for the original online mechanical pencil museum site. I built it on an aging joomla platform, so I couldn't simply move it somewhere else - I would have to manually rebuild it. Since all of the information from the stie is included in my first book, The Catalogue of American Mechanical Pencils (including many updates and revisions), it didn't make sense to rebuild it.
By the way, there are less than 100 copies left of The Catalogue left. It's still available at http://www.legendary...coilbound).html.
RoyalBear, I'm sorry I don't recall seeing you trying to connect with me through the blog. Since there's 1,100 articles at the blog and people post on different ones from time to time, it's hard for me to keep up with everyone's comments . . especially after last month's blog catastrophe . . .
Last month Google wiped out the images from the first 469 articles I posted there. I've restored about a quarter of them to date, and I'm considering whether to proceed with old plans to publish the first years' run of articles in book form. The full story on that situation, for those who are interested, is posted at https://leadheadpenc...ghost-book.html.
The good news is that none of the information from the museum or the blog has been lost - it just wasn't meant to be permanent on the internet, I guess.
RoyalBear, the best way to connect with me is via email. I'm at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a question I haven't answered, drop me a line.