The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Noodler's Ahab

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Memory

Memory

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 September 2017 - 15:00

Woot Cubbies!!! National Leahue Champions!

Sponsored Content

#22 jcp1st

jcp1st

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:30

Memory, your husband did well for you.  You are the winner with your guess of 58 hits which was the closest to the actual four game total of 61 hits.  Congratulations!

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try. - Mark Twain

#23 Memory

Memory

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 September 2017 - 13:56

He was so excited! It's the first fountain pen he's gotten me ;) Not that he doesn't support my habit. He tried really hard for our anniversary, but all of the options were too overwhelming. Instead I received an awesome purple octopus :)

#24 AberHulk

AberHulk

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:24

He was so excited! It's the first fountain pen he's gotten me ;) Not that he doesn't support my habit. He tried really hard for our anniversary, but all of the options were too overwhelming. Instead I received an awesome purple octopus :)

For your marine tank?

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

― C.S. Lewis

“Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.” 

― Frank HerbertDune

#25 Memory

Memory

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 October 2017 - 19:23

I wish! I used to want to be a marine biologist until I discovered cell biology and immunology in 6th grade. No, this is the cuddly kind of octopus that my dogs are certain is a dog toy. As long as the 75lb pibble continues cuddling it like a teddy bear when she's sleeping, I'm happy to indulge her.

#26 AberHulk

AberHulk

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 October 2017 - 23:56

Shoot I was going to demand photos! Now I want photos of the pibble and the toy!!

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

― C.S. Lewis

“Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.” 

― Frank HerbertDune

#27 Memory

Memory

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:31

Will do as soon as I can get her to pose with it again! In the meantime, I'll try to post an adorable one from when she had to have ACL surgery.

#28 Memory

Memory

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:34

Hmm...it keeps rotating my pictures. I'll have to try again tomorrow. Hopefully I can catch her with the octopus as well :)

Edited by Memory, 02 October 2017 - 04:40.

#29 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:32

AWESOME

If you see one of my posts and an image is missing, please copy the the URL or the link to the post and send me a PM (Private Message) so that I can upload the images. I changed hosting companies and not all of the images were uploaded.

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar?  

Get a chance to try out pens look at the TWSBI Loaners  and  Estie Loaners

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks

Fountain pens are my PREFERRED ADVANCED COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas.

#30 RogerW

RogerW

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 October 2017 - 18:14

Memory, congratulations on the new pen!

JCP1st - thanks for fun.

#31 Memory

Memory

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:26

Thank you so much for the amazing PIF @JCP1st. The pen arrived yesterday and I have to say, it's even prettier in person than the online photos I've seen of this color scheme. I'm on a work deadline right now (hence no pictures of a pibble or a writing sample yet), but I'll make sure to post as soon as I'm finished writing this proposal! I'm loving it so far; it definitely has a much flexier nib than I thought (although my experience is extremely limited). You'll have to excuse my limited flexing skills. No time better than the present to learn, right? And eyedropper conversion, hurray! I've converted several preppy's, but it's nice to have a pen that has a softer nib. 

Also, my in-laws are going to the Cubbies/Nationals game this weekend in DC. So jealous! I wish I could go too! I haven't seen the Cubbies play live yet (I've married into a Chi-town based family). I'll have to console myself with some calligraphy practices while I watch the game. 

Sponsored Content

|