Brand New Pilot Metropolitans And Kakuno

Shaggy

I got ambitious and bought some starter pens to give to friends who might be interested in fountain pens. Sadly, no such people have appeared in my life. It's time to pass these on.

I have:

2 brand new in box Pilot Metropolitans, Fine (1 Red metro pop and 1 Green metro pop)

1 slightly used, in box Pilot Metropolitan, Fine (Turquoise metro pop)

1 brand new in box Pilot Kakuno, Fine (Dark gray barrel with blue cap)

I'd like to give these to anyone who wants them, but it would be nice if you had plans to pass them on to newbies.

Post a message below, tell me why you want them, and I'll pick someone at random on Saturday September 16 to send them to.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shaggy

• jay.is.here

• OwlHome

• Wayfarer

Hey there, my friend has a wedding coming up and I was looking specifically at the red and green metro pops to get my best friend and his fiance, funny enough. I got my friend a fauxdori that I really like in green and was going to buy him a green pop metro. I'm really wanting to get these two into fountain pens, I already got them into wax seals! I (hopefully) convinced them to write more with a blog post I made here: https://oakenreed.wordpress.com/2017/08/22/ink/

The other two, I'd love to play around with for myself because I unfortunately lost my black metropolitan a few weeks back and would love to write with one again and try out the Kakuno, because before this, I never even heard of those!

I'd love to be considered for this as I'm a starving student haha. Either way, great PIF!

Edited by Wayfarer

Thanks for the PIF -- I have never used a Japanese fine nib for long writing sessions; would love to try it before buying a mid range pen.

(Disclaimer: not a total newbie, just a Medium nib user)

Great PIF! I'd love one for my 8-year-old daughter. I allowed her to take the Platinum Preppy that was in her Christmas stocking last year to school last week and it went missing that same day. As it's probably the only fountain pen in the school we are still hoping it'll turn up but I'd love to provide her with one that won't leave home!

Thank you for the PIF! I would love to be able to share the hobby with my two of my nieces (Ages 11 and 9). They've been asking me about fountain pens ever since I got one at work, and my wife and I just haven't been able to find the funds (That's what you get for being poor college students who like nice things). Besides my nieces, I've been trying to get a pen into my best friends hands for awhile. He spends too much time behind a computer screen. Thanks for the opportunity!

What a generous offer! My nephews are complete intrigued by my cursive writing, especially since they no longer teach it in school. Even when the youngest was 6 years old, he would get in trouble after putting his name in cursive on all his homework. He's finally the age to get him hooked, but his favorite color changes quite a bit. I've been saving up funds to get him a few likely candidates (red, aqua, black, green) so I can gift the right color. My eldest nephew will gladly take the rest, lol. They're good at sharing, except for when they're not ;)

They don't really teach science in elementary school anymore (don't get me started. NC is awful about that), so I'll go over to do experiments with them. Aside from the solar eclipse, by far their favorite lessons include secret agent spies. I use Noodler's Blue Ghost to plant coded messages around the house. Who says science can't be fun ;)

great pif. would love to enter :)

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.”
- Osho

Not an entry, just a thank you for offering up such a generous package! My Metropolitans are amazing pens and one was a very thoughtful gift that I really enjoy. I hope the recipients really enjoy these, too!

Hey there - thanks for a great PIF!

I've got a kid in school and some friends who might be interested in those. I'd give it to them!

Thats really kind of you. I live all the way in Guatemala and it's very hard to get good fountain pens. Because of the distance it's really hard for me to get them, but what you are doing is admirable.

OwlHome, on 13 Sept 2017 - 12:07, said:

Great PIF! I'd love one for my 8-year-old daughter. I allowed her to take the Platinum Preppy that was in her Christmas stocking last year to school last week and it went missing that same day. As it's probably the only fountain pen in the school we are still hoping it'll turn up but I'd love to provide her with one that won't leave home!

Congratulations! You're the one I drew at random from the hat.

PM me your mailing address and I'll get these in the mail to you.

Thanks for your interest, everyone! I hope you have better luck with another PIF.

Wayfarer, on 13 Sept 2017 - 09:40, said:

Hey there, my friend has a wedding coming up and I was looking specifically at the red and green metro pops to get my best friend and his fiance, funny enough. I got my friend a fauxdori that I really like in green and was going to buy him a green pop metro. I'm really wanting to get these two into fountain pens, I already got them into wax seals! I (hopefully) convinced them to write more with a blog post I made here: https://oakenreed.wordpress.com/2017/08/22/ink/

The other two, I'd love to play around with for myself because I unfortunately lost my black metropolitan a few weeks back and would love to write with one again and try out the Kakuno, because before this, I never even heard of those!

I'd love to be considered for this as I'm a starving student haha. Either way, great PIF!

svpmailman, on 13 Sept 2017 - 10:36, said:

Thanks for the PIF -- I have never used a Japanese fine nib for long writing sessions; would love to try it before buying a mid range pen.

(Disclaimer: not a total newbie, just a Medium nib user)

CharlieAndrews, on 13 Sept 2017 - 12:15, said:

Thank you for the PIF! I would love to be able to share the hobby with my two of my nieces (Ages 11 and 9). They've been asking me about fountain pens ever since I got one at work, and my wife and I just haven't been able to find the funds (That's what you get for being poor college students who like nice things). Besides my nieces, I've been trying to get a pen into my best friends hands for awhile. He spends too much time behind a computer screen. Thanks for the opportunity!

Memory, on 14 Sept 2017 - 06:33, said:

What a generous offer! My nephews are complete intrigued by my cursive writing, especially since they no longer teach it in school. Even when the youngest was 6 years old, he would get in trouble after putting his name in cursive on all his homework. He's finally the age to get him hooked, but his favorite color changes quite a bit. I've been saving up funds to get him a few likely candidates (red, aqua, black, green) so I can gift the right color. My eldest nephew will gladly take the rest, lol. They're good at sharing, except for when they're not ;)

They don't really teach science in elementary school anymore (don't get me started. NC is awful about that), so I'll go over to do experiments with them. Aside from the solar eclipse, by far their favorite lessons include secret agent spies. I use Noodler's Blue Ghost to plant coded messages around the house. Who says science can't be fun ;)

jay.is.here, on 14 Sept 2017 - 07:49, said:

great pif. would love to enter :)

richofthetower, on 15 Sept 2017 - 08:58, said:

Hey there - thanks for a great PIF!

I've got a kid in school and some friends who might be interested in those. I'd give it to them!

Julio18, on 15 Sept 2017 - 12:11, said:

Thats really kind of you. I live all the way in Guatemala and it's very hard to get good fountain pens. Because of the distance it's really hard for me to get them, but what you are doing is admirable.

congratz to winner :)

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.”
- Osho

Congratulations! You're the one I drew at random from the hat.

PM me your mailing address and I'll get these in the mail to you.

Oh Wow! Thank you so much! I somehow didn't realize they'd all go to one person!

Edited by OwlHome

Nice thread, I enjoyed reading it.

I'm impressed with the PIF idea and hope to be a contributor in the future.