Montblanc 2017 Sep New Released Diamond Pen

luoo1984

That's the most american thing I have read in a while - and I sincerely don't mean this in a bad way.

Not taking it in a bad way. Now you'll smile when I tell you it was quoted to me this week by a Bollywood actor who moved to California in a career broadening move.

For those of us who grew up with the space program, rule one was: Nothing is impossible. Rule two: See rule one. It tends to get embedded in the psyche. If a thing is truly important to you, you will find a way to make it happen.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

• meiers

Haha, that's great!

I mean the American philosophy is great; give it 100%, 200%, give it 1000%! But as Dylan Moran would say, we Europeans, at the very most we can give is...12%. If somebody's life is in danger, maybe 14%, but that's it. :D

For those of us who grew up with the space program, rule one was: Nothing is impossible. Rule two: See rule one. It tends to get embedded in the psyche. If a thing is truly important to you, you will find a way to make it happen.

​It seems I can't reach the inaccessible cardinal no matter how much I've tried (so far), diving deep into the reflection principles doesn't help either, maybe MB should make the Cantor LE fp so that I might have some inspirations.

Credit where it is due, Montblanc is the most interesting huge pen company in the world, whether you like them or not. Lots of smaller companies, and a great many bespoke pen makers, would die for the opportunity to just create and explore new ideas.

+1. Well said.

With greatness, comes great controversy. A lot of other brands are alive today because of Montblanc's momentum. The old guard like Parker and Sheaffer certainly lost that momentum, so I'm glad there is Montblanc carrying that torch today.

Edited by max dog

~ All of you are too funny...making me sputter and laugh.

I have only one question for the experts:

Would one of these pens qualify for a free nib exchange?

Tom K.

I don't even know why they bother putting a nib in it. Will anyone ever write with one?

​It seems I can't reach the inaccessible cardinal no matter how much I've tried (so far), diving deep into the reflection principles doesn't help either, maybe MB should make the Cantor LE fp so that I might have some inspirations.

No guarantee it'll be EASY, just not impossible.

I don't even know why they bother putting a nib in it. Will anyone ever write with one?

If a pen is not made to be used is it actually a pen?

Or is it a sculptural representation of a pen?

As an inspiration to Montblanc, here are the lyrics to Tom Lehrer's "The Elements":

There's antimony, arsenic, aluminum, selenium,

And hydrogen and oxygen and nitrogen and rhenium,
And nickel, neodymium, neptunium, germanium,
And iron, americium, ruthenium, uranium,
Europium, zirconium, lutetium, vanadium,
And lanthanum and osmium and astatine and radium,
And gold and protactinium and indium and gallium, (gasp)
And iodine and thorium and thulium and thallium.

There's yttrium, ytterbium, actinium, rubidium,
And boron, gadolinium, niobium, iridium,
And strontium and silicon and silver and samarium,
And bismuth, bromine, lithium, beryllium, and barium.

There's holmium and helium and hafnium and erbium,

And phosphorus and francium and fluorine and terbium,
And manganese and mercury, molybdenum, magnesium,
Dysprosium and scandium and cerium and cesium.
And lead, praseodymium and platinum, plutonium,
Palladium, promethium, potassium, polonium,
And tantalum, technetium, titanium, tellurium, (gasp)
And cadmium and calcium and chromium and curium.

There's sulfur, californium and fermium, berkelium,

And also mendelevium, einsteinium, nobelium,
And argon, krypton, neon, radon, xenon, zinc and rhodium,
And chlorine, carbon, cobalt, copper, tungsten, tin and sodium.

These are the only ones of which the news has come to Hahvard,
And there may be many others but they haven't been discahvered.

(Apologies for the weird spacing.)

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I really like the idea of an elephant head cap with trunk clip. Unfortunately, I think the diamond versions of the elephant are the only two that look good, because the "low-polygon" design loses a lot of its appeal when it's a solid chunk of metal (presumably gold). I agree that the animal print cap seems like a misstep and I don't think the pictures reveal enough of the first pen to really have any idea what it looks like. Is it a skeleton? What are those circles on the cap? Mystery!