• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Tom Kellie

• dubhe

• meiers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excuse my lack of knowledge, does this mean that the Mozart could go up in price with time?

It could or it could not. Who wants to speculate?

Sorry, Bergerac, but that is one of the last questions I would ask.

Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968. Former owner of the Montblanc Boutique Bremen, retired 2007 and sold it.
Collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

I thank each Member who shares their pens here, whether low, medium or high in price. Just because I cannot afford something doesn't mean I cannot appreciate viewing & hearing the opinion of the owner of each pen. I was raised to believe that besides religion & politics, it was equally poor behavior to comment on a person's economic status. We all know what we are capable of spending & sometimes our choice is not relative to our capacity. That a person chooses to drive an expensive car, or NOT, live in a modest house or mansion is purely their choice & each should be equally respected.

Perhaps I am merely old fashioned but I was taught that good manners exist to make people comfortable & to cause discomfort to anyone, when unnecessary was behavior to be avoided.

Well said!!! Ditto. Echo. +1

​A few years back I had the choice between a Boheme and Mozart and picked the Boheme to be my small pocket pen... just about the same height, with the Boheme being double the thickness. I keep it inked with Toffee cartridges, so no hassle with needles or converters...

Now both will be canceled... the Heritage was a shorty also... guess no more shorty's.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, does this mean that the Mozart could go up in price with time?

It was part of their regular line for many years... 20 years or so? There will be tons of options for many years to come for used & new ones... and in 5-6 years you'll probably still be able to buy unused ones... Just like I bought a brand new 2010 MB John Lennon a month ago ( for $350.00 less than original cost)... almost 8 years old but still new, and that JL was a limited edition.

Edited by Andrew-AMID

The shirt pocket is another reasin I like my 1912 Heritage, as it is quite short when capped, but a reasonable full size when extended.

I think small pocket compatible pens have their place, so maybe some new is coming...

The shirt pocket is another reasin I like my 1912 Heritage, as it is quite short when capped, but a reasonable full size when extended.

I think small pocket compatible pens have their place, so maybe some new is coming...

~ jagwap:

That's an interesting possibility.

Tom K.

~ jagwap:

That's an interesting possibility.

Tom K.

It would have been more interesting if I had time to proof read what I hurriedly wrote on my phone and not put that.

Who knows, maybe I would had never bought a Mozart pen, being more attracted to pens in the size of a 149 or a 146, but I was lucky enough to receive a small Meisterstück as a gift. I am really happy to own it, and I can say without hesitations that the medium nib of my Mozart is perhaps the finest of the Montblanc nibs in my stable.

As others already said, the craftsmanship of this small pen is extraordinary, beginning with the black enamel of the body and the cap, which has the same exact color of other Meisterstück models in resin, and is still scratch free after many years of use, the engravings on the small nib, the golden threads on the rear of the body where you screw the cap, still perfect, and so on...

When posted (and you have to post it), the Mozart is the same length of a Meisterstück 146, which I use unposted, and because of its reduced size it is one of the few pens which I own that I can slide within the leather cover of my A6 journals.

I am not suggesting anybody to buy a Mozart, but if you already have plans to, I just want to tell you that you will not be disappointed by this little gem.

fpn_1506002790__montblanc_meisterstck_11

fpn_1506002829__montblanc_meisterstck_mo

Probably not. It's not a rare collectors item.

It could or it could not. Who wants to speculate?

Sorry, Bergerac, but that is one of the last questions I would ask.

It was part of their regular line for many years... 20 years or so? There will be tons of options for many years to come for used & new ones... and in 5-6 years you'll probably still be able to buy unused ones... Just like I bought a brand new 2010 MB John Lennon a month ago ( for $350.00 less than original cost)... almost 8 years old but still new, and that JL was a limited edition.

Thank younfor your replies.

I thought as much.

Although their discontinuing the production of the pen, I'm glad that I have a part of MB history. Im sure the pen won't be easily forgotten.

Edited by Bergerac

flying-letter-postcard-exc.png

It would have been more interesting if I had time to proof read what I hurriedly wrote on my phone and not put that.

~ jagwap:

Until you mentioned it I hadn't noticed the minor typo.

What did attract my attention was your raising the possibility of ‘something else’ being in the design pipeline.

I'd never considered that, limiting my thoughts to all-or-nothing, never considering one-for-another.

It's an interesting idea, as a smaller than usual fountain pen does have its uses.

Thank you for thinking of the possibility and mentioning it here.

Tom K.

The idea of a new Mozart edition would be very appealing. I am hoping they would keep it aesthetically as is but adjust the inside so it would fit a special Mont Blanc Mozart converter that they concurrently release.

Kind Regards

HDW

• 1 month later...

In light of this wonderful thread by Pravda, I decided to pull the trigger on a new Mozart Maiesterstuck Jewellery Solitaire platinum-plated yesterday. Love the cross stitch patter and the Mother of Pearl star. Since I seldom pay full retail for my MBs, when I do I like to get unique nib sizes. Does anyone know what size nib options are available on this baby nib? I was thinking OB or OM. What do you guys think??

In light of this wonderful thread by Pravda, I decided to pull the trigger on a new Mozart Maiesterstuck Jewellery Solitaire platinum-plated yesterday. Love the cross stitch patter and the Mother of Pearl star. Since I seldom pay full retail for my MBs, when I do I like to get unique nib sizes. Does anyone know what size nib options are available on this baby nib? I was thinking OB or OM. What do you guys think??

Congratulations :) cant wait to see the pictures!

The largest for this pen will be a B. I hoped to get it in BB and when I couldnt I hesitated.

An oblique on it would be quite fun, but as you said its a smaller nib; will you be able to see it well enough to maintain the tilt while writing?

Congratulations :) cant wait to see the pictures!

The largest for this pen will be a B. I hoped to get it in BB and when I couldnt I hesitated.

An oblique on it would be quite fun, but as you said its a smaller nib; will you be able to see it well enough to maintain the tilt while writing?

You're right. I had not thought of that. It is quite a petite pen and keeping the angle of attack would be a challenge. Now I see that perhaps the M nib would be best. It could prove difficult even with a B. Decision made. Thanks Pravda. I'm keeping the current nib and will ink it tomorrow. Hopefully I can manage to post photos into this thread. My computer skills, or lack there of, are laughable at best. 😃 Edited by 888007888

I got the same pen earlier this year & I got it in EF. I never get larger than F. I love the pen & use the MB Corn Poppy Red carts in it. Too bad the MB Shakespeare Velvet Red didn't come in carts.