W.a Mozart Officially Discontinued

Pravda

~ dubhe:

May yours be a joy in every writing session.

Tom K.

May you enjoy it always

Thanks guys, no pressure!

I've had two in the past, first was a beater and I sold it as asthetically it bothered me. Second was platinum, but despite loving my 149 in this trim, I didn't feel it with the Mozart. So my third time lucky pen is in standard yellow gold trim, and I'm looking forward to it. I know they write well.

Pravda, I feel you should add it to your collection, even if only to display it next to a few 149s! But thank you for somehow enabling my purchase through the power of equilibrium.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Tom Kellie

• dubhe

• meiers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Offer accepted on a nearly new 114. You guys are to blame for this purchase!

Congratulations, Dubhe. Great little pens. There's something about the smaller pens which seems to enhance the craftsmanship and skill of the build, they simply exude quality.

Hope you enjoy it in good health.

Don't have one, myself. Yet.

The future is a dark corridor of temptation.

Enjoy.

I don't post a lot on this forum but the loss of the Mozart line up is a real shame. It truly is my favourite fountain pen and the one i gravitate to most. I was hoping to soon see a rose gold edition Mozart with a MOP star on the top.

Alas poor Yorick, it will never happen.

Time to settle and just buy a moon pearl...

Kind Regards

HDW

That's too bad to hear about the Mozart being discontinued. It's small size was it's unique charm, and I thought it would make a good addition to any Montblanc collection as a backup pocket pen to the 149.

Has anyone tried the new Kaweco Sport plunger converter on the Mozart? Kaweco came out with this very effective piston push/pull converter recently to replace the pathetic squeeze converter for their mini Sport. It is brilliant because the plunger does not have to be pulled all the way up to fit within the clearance of a short barrel, and the international size of this converter should mean the stem should fit the Mozart. Depending on how far the clearance in the barrel allows for the plunger to be pulled up, you can hold a half decent amount of ink with this converter (0.5 to 0.7 ml I think). Just a suggestion for people with the Mozart who would like to try a converter for the pen. The converters cost like $5, so might be worth a try.

fpn_1505551181__kaweco_converter.jpg

Edited by max dog

I have a different version of that converter, will try it in my Mozart when it arrives next week. What would be good would be a vacuum converter, so the plunger is down when it's full, if such a thing exists?

Edit: Monteverde mini converter

post-73579-0-48637500-1505554230_thumb.jpg

Edited by dubhe

I have a different version of that converter, will try it in my Mozart when it arrives next week. What would be good would be a vacuum converter, so the plunger is down when it's full, if such a thing exists?

IMG_0531.JPG

I have friends who have had success with the Kaweco Sport but you need to remove the metal part at the end. This is a better choice than the Templar converter (which also works) but will hold less ink.

As far as I can see from the German Montblanc web site the Mozart will not be discontinued completely.

Here one still can get the simple black versions (fp, bp and mp) with golden trims and with platinum plated trims. And the Solitaire white lacquered version (fp, bp, rb) with rosé gold trims.

All the other versions with Sterling Silver and Vermeil are not listed any more.

http://www.montblanc.com/content/dam/mtb/products/writing-instruments/111/942/111942/199443-ecom-osis-sq-05.png.adapt.1500.1500.png

Edited by penparadise
Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968. Former owner of the Montblanc Boutique Bremen, retired 2007 and sold it.
Collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

As far as I can see from the German Montblanc web site the Mozart will not be discontinued completely.

Here one still can get the simple black versions (fp, bp and mp) with golden trims and with platinum plated trims. And the Solitaire white lacquered version (fp, bp, rb) with rosé gold trims.

All the other versions with Sterling Silver and Vermeil are not listed any more.

They're selling what's in stock while they have them. But senior people said that no new pieces are currently in production since a few months ago. That's what I heard.

That's sad!

Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968. Former owner of the Montblanc Boutique Bremen, retired 2007 and sold it.
Collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,

That's sad!

Never fully decided on one for myself, I feel a tinge of disappointment that it's going.

But what is baffling me is cancellation of a standard offering of several decades quietly. I wonder if there'll be a 115 or a variant introduced to replace it, or just nothing.

Never fully decided on one for myself, I feel a tinge of disappointment that it's going.

But what is baffling me is cancellation of a standard offering of several decades quietly. I wonder if there'll be a 115 or a variant introduced to replace it, or just nothing.

Considering how popular other pocketable pens like the Kaweco Sport are, I would be surprised if there was no longer a market for the Mozart. Also, are there not leather products by MB that only the Mozart fits in?

Considering how popular other pocketable pens like the Kaweco Sport are, I would be surprised if there was no longer a market for the Mozart. Also, are there not leather products by MB that only the Mozart fits in?

I think there have been in the past, my step-mother had one I think. If I remember correctly the Mozart decades ago was very popular specifically with the ladies to keep in their purse etc.

Edited by Pravda

I think there have been in the past, my step-mother had one I think. If I remember correctly the Mozart decades ago was very popular specifically with the ladies to keep in their purse etc.

~ Pravda:

When yours truly mentioned in another thread that my Platinum Mozart EF was primarily used in wilderness situations away from developed roads, for recording field observation data, two male FPN members kindly sent private messages describing their use of Mozarts in rough industrial settings where larger fountain pens might not fit.

While that's a minuscule market segment, it suggests that Mozarts meet various needs where small scale, unobtrusive fountain pens work better than their more generously proportioned cousins.

Tom K.

It is definitely not the same color as Parker's Burgundy :)

Absolutely, definitely different . In case anyone is wondering, I took a quick picture of both, a Bordeaux 144 and a 51 Burgundy:

pS5RAof.jpg?1

While I also didn't consider buying a Mozart, because of the small size, it is still sad to hear that it is discontinued :(

In the summer I always carry a "white pearl" Mozart ballpoint in my shirt pocket, and sometimes the set.

http://fountainpen.de/pics/artisan/white-pearl-set/114-116-set/set.jpg

A Classique size doesn't fit and for short notes the Mozart size is perfect.

Axel

IMG_0531.JPG

It didn't fit. The converter wasn't a tight fit like a normal cartridge would have been. But despite this, when I tried to fit the barrel the plunger pushed all the way back in and wouldn't let me screw the barrel fully on even with the plunger fully depressed.

I'll stick with syringe and empty cartridge! By the way new (2016 model unused) Mozart arrived today in medium. Am tempted for a nib swap to fine whilst stock still exists, might have to fabricate a receipt...

A rose gold Mozart with MOP would be fantastic. I would like the tribute Mozart if it wasn't white.

Your wish was granted in 1999 with the 75th Limited Edition