W.a Mozart Officially Discontinued

Pravda

Thank you Fahed. I had no idea the Mozart was being pulled from production. I particularly like how the cap posts securely on the pen.

And thank you for speaking your mind clearly AND politely in your response to Ruth's provocation.

Edited by meiers

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Tom Kellie

• dubhe

• meiers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

~ meiers:

Fun to use, not difficult to handle, discreet and portable.

What's not to like?

Tom K.

I like the Mozart a lot. However, I am trying to slow the pace of fountain pen acquisitions... Edited by meiers

I like the Mozart a lot. However, I am trying to slow the pace of fountain pen acquisitions...

~ meiers:

Enjoying the pens one already has brings great pleasure.

With a variety of inks, on quality papers, exploring the strokes, curves and dots they produce is satisfying...until...another “pen of interest” escapes from the Hamburg workshops.

Tom K.

The kids call my pens Adult Pokemon ... because it seems to them that I "want to catch them all". 😂

Edited by 888007888

Today I received confirmation on good authority that the W.A.M in all its forms is no longer in production. That's it folks.

I haven't been a fan earlier of this model, but now that it'll start being scarce I am considering it.

Wait. Let me get this straight. You didn't like the pen but would consider buying it since it's not going to be made anymore? What makes it so desirable now?

No offense, but that that logic just escapes me. I mean, if you didn't buy a pen because of the price, and were hoping to be able to get one on the secondary market for less money -- that I understand. But to buy a pen that you didn't originally like? All I can think of it is that you're a "C-worder" (as OcalaFLGuy used to put it) or else you want to buy the pen now and then flip it when the prices go up when it's no longer in production.

Me? I buy fountain pens to use them. The only ones I don't use are because I haven't gotten them repaired yet. So the concept of buying a pen I don't like is kinda alien to me. Especially at MB prices.

Okay, I just looked the pen up online, just to see what we're talking about. And what I was seeing looked just like a regular Meisterstrück.... So you'd pay $530 US for a boring looking c/c pen? Must be nice to be rich.... :o (For me, that's a car payment...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Actually I have to say that most of Ruth's reply was not aggressive or disrespectful at all. Pravda's original post pretty much reads as "I didnt like the pen but now that is becoming rare I have started to like it and am considering to buy it". That may not be what Pravda actually intended to say but the way he formulated the post made it sound like it.

I dont see anything wrong with the parts of Ruth's reply which I have highlighted in bold above. In fact I fully agree with her that it does look like a Meisterstrück and it is a boring design.

I am new to the FP world but the more I learn about Montblanc the more I fail to understand why these pens demand such huge prices and have such a cult status (apart from MB's brilliant marketing that is).

Edited by PandP

Actually I have to say that most of Ruth's reply was not aggressive or disrespectful at all. Pravda's original post pretty much reads as "I didnt like the pen but now that is becoming rare I have started to like it and am considering to buy it". That may not be what Pravda actually intended to say but the way he formulated the post made it sound like it.

I dont see anything wrong with the parts of Ruth's reply which I have highlighted in bold above. In fact I fully agree with her that it does look like a Meisterstrück and it is a boring design.

I am new to the FP world but the more I learn about Montblanc the more I fail to understand why these pens demand such huge prices and have such a cult status (apart from MB's brilliant marketing that is).

Well, you did not highlight the parts that caused the reaction, at least in my estimation, and I personally found to be provoking. What are your thoughts on those parts? Selective quotations can change the tone of the conversation.

As to the MB passion some people have and others struggle to understand, I would just encourage you to form your own opinion after using a sampling of pens. Maybe there is a local club with members who will share their MB pens? They are not for everyone, but they do have value to many owners that exceeds their cost.

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Dear PandP

I thought Ruth's comments were beyond the pale. In his initial post Pravda shared news about the Mozart fountain pen. Ruth's response to the original post in which Fahed freely shares his reflections reads like a personal attack that exploits his openness. That type of behaviour can stifle conversation... and push people away.

Already the first sentence of Ruth's post crosses a line because she assumes that Fahed owes us a justification or explanation for suddenly considering the Mozart. And it goes on from there.... going into more detail is just no fun. And this Internet forum is about sharing our enjoyment of fountain pens. So I will stop here.

Matt

Edited by meiers

Define "huge".

Edited by meiers

The little Mozart pen is a treat, at least to me, but I like so many pens... and this little set cost me less than the Pelikan M400 2016 Tortoise. Hardly a huge price, imho.

fpn_1505358147__red_mozart.jpg

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Morning everyone :) I am a bit late to the after-party, but with zaddick & meiers brilliant replies there's absolutely nothing necessary for me to say or explain. Thank you! I'm off to work then.

Burgundy ! what a nice set Bill. Never had a Burgundy MB, I'll have to put that right :)

Montblanc: 146 75th Anniversary, 147 Le Grande, Doue Solitaire

Parker: Gold Duofold Centennial, Sonnet Fougere

Visconti Bronze Homo-Sapien

Waterman Edson Sapphire Blue

Offer accepted on a nearly new 114. You guys are to blame for this purchase!

~ dubhe:

Enablers R Us’.

Tom K.

Photos to follow ;)

~ dubhe:

I'm looking forward to them.

We Mozart users find the small pens to be deeply satisfying writers.

They not only have fine craftsmanship on a small scale, but their nibs lay down sharply clear lines.

May yours be a joy in every writing session.

Tom K.

I feel like life is a chemical equation all of the sudden; how it always balances out :)

I was at the boutique yesterday to purchase the Mozart, the BM got held up on a phone call before processing my credit card giving me some extra time to play around with the pen in my hand.

I then decided not to go through with it. But someone else in another part of the world did.

Congratulations on a fine aquisition dubhe. May you enjoy it always