W.a Mozart Officially Discontinued

Pravda

Today I received confirmation on good authority that the W.A.M in all its forms is no longer in production. That's it folks.

I haven't been a fan earlier of this model, but now that it'll start being scarce I am considering it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Tom Kellie

• dubhe

• meiers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wait. Let me get this straight. You didn't like the pen but would consider buying it since it's not going to be made anymore? What makes it so desirable now?

No offense, but that that logic just escapes me. I mean, if you didn't buy a pen because of the price, and were hoping to be able to get one on the secondary market for less money -- that I understand. But to buy a pen that you didn't originally like? All I can think of it is that you're a "C-worder" (as OcalaFLGuy used to put it) or else you want to buy the pen now and then flip it when the prices go up when it's no longer in production.

Me? I buy fountain pens to use them. The only ones I don't use are because I haven't gotten them repaired yet. So the concept of buying a pen I don't like is kinda alien to me. Especially at MB prices.

Okay, I just looked the pen up online, just to see what we're talking about. And what I was seeing looked just like a regular Meisterstrück.... So you'd pay $530 US for a boring looking c/c pen? Must be nice to be rich.... :o (For me, that's a car payment...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Whoa!!! Whats with people on FPN lately?

Premature assumptions and jumping to conclusions. Not to mention passing judgement on one's potential lifestyle/personal net worth.

Hello Ruth,

We are both not new members to FPN and must have crossed paths on several occasions in the past over the years. I am uncertain what triggered this less-than-coridal response but alas..

One: I was merely making an announcement or giving information about a product that many appreciate but soon will be scarce and out of production.

Two: I had expressed in the past my dislike to all cartridge pens (Starwalkers/Boheme etc) yet have an ongoing fancy that spans many years to own a Mozart. I believe that it would make a great everyday carryon writer. So this model in particular has been in the 'undecided' category and since it's going out of production, this may be a decisive factor.

Three: The pen can be attained in this part of the world for around $350.

Four: Not that there is anything wrong with trying to make an honest living through whichever means possible, I personally have never bought a pen with the intention of selling it. As a matter of fact, from my $200k collection accumulated over 15 years I must have only sold 2 pens. A Meisterstuck 114 turnaround profit scheme, really?

Five: It is comments like these 'must be nice to be rich' and 'for me it is a car payment' etc that makes members like me (and I know for a fact many others) have come to never put on exhibit our rarest pieces or limitations less than 888 on FPN. Lest it draws this kind of judgment rather than appreciation. People who say things like that are thus taking away or detracting from everyone else's experience.

Best,

Fahed (Pravda)

Thanks for the infollowing Pravda. In this case I can let the pens slip quietly into that good night as they are too small for me. I am sure MB will find some replacement over time.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Interesting. I noticed that pen shop.co.uk had one form of the Mozart (definitely the pencil, perhaps they also had the FP) in their recent summer sale recently at 30%, then 40% off. I thought this strange for what was supposed to be a permanent fixture in the MB series, but this now explains it.

Edited by horationelson

I have a Mozart and absolutely love it. It's got one of my favorite nibs and posted is really comfortable and a perfect size for travel. So, as a lover of smaller pens, I'm sorry to hear this.

Inkstainedruth I believe you shouldn't make assumptions on peoples wealth, because in my opinion you come of as someone who is far too envious. Pravda you shouldn't feel judged upon when collecting something you quite clearly have a passion for.

Glad I got my MB Mozart a few months ago. It is the metal version & I love it (I own no black FPs). I have gotten a supply of MB Corn Poppy carts for it.

I've had a couple of Mozarts, both second hand and both I traded up for something else, but I miss the pen sometimes, it had a great nib and would disappear in a trouser pocket making it a great daily carry unlike the larger 146/9. If it is going to be discontinued, then I might try and grab another used pen before the prices go up.

Thanks Pravda, I remember you admiring one of my past Mozarts and am surprised you haven't got around to buying one yet!

I've had a couple of Mozarts, both second hand and both I traded up for something else, but I miss the pen sometimes, it had a great nib and would disappear in a trouser pocket making it a great daily carry unlike the larger 146/9. If it is going to be discontinued, then I might try and grab another used pen before the prices go up.

Thanks Pravda, I remember you admiring one of my past Mozarts and am surprised you haven't got around to buying one yet!

I know! Every time I see a picture of one or come across it in real life I really admire it and think it's perfect as you said to carry in our pockets, but when I imagine myself filling carts with a syringe or purchasing them and be limited in colors I cringe.

A Platinum Mozart in BB would be a fine pen though ;)

~ Pravda:

While I lack a Mozart BB, the Platinum Mozart EF I use is an outstanding writing tool.

The line it lays down is almost indistinguishable from my Bespoke 149 EEF.

Sturdy with superb detailing, it's the most discreet of fountain pens.

My professional life occasionally takes me into remote wilderness areas in Africa and Asia.

While I might hesitate to carry a 149 into such challenging conditions, the Platinum Mozart EF is a stalwart performer.

It writes field observation notes in safari vest pocket notepads, never skipping.

It's the only Montblanc cartridge-filling pen I use, as the two Classique EF pens are both fitted with a Montblanc converter.

Anyone interested in Montblanc Mozarts may find them to be as useful as I have.

Thank you for starting this thread.

Tom K.

fpn_1504992247__with_cd.jpg

fpn_1504992405__p_mozart.jpg

The Mozart is a fine pen. I have handled it. Some day I might get one.

~ meiers:

Fun to use, not difficult to handle, discreet and portable.

What's not to like?

Tom K.

Pravda. First and foremost, thank you for your never ending contributions to FPN. I enjoy when you share your thoughts, knowledge, photos, and your unwavering passion for fountain pens. Please keep sharing as I know many of us here on FPN appreciate you.

As for your comments Ruth ... They are completely uncalled for and unprovoked. I had a similar experience when I posted something like Pravda here on FPN a few months back. And you know what ... That negative experience and comment the member posted really took some of the joy of FPN away from me and I subsequently lessened my time spent on this forum. I can't speak for everyone but I'm here to SHARE positive experiences, have fun, and meet new pen minded friends.

I'll say what some may be thinking but do not want to express here .... Ruth ... Shame on you. And Ruth I've read a lot of your comments and reviews over the years, especially on the ink threads. There is no place for snide remarks here on FPN. You, Are, Not, A, Nice, Person.

Pravda ... Love you man!

Edited by 888007888

Pravda. First and foremost, thank you for your never ending contributions to FPN. I enjoy when you share your thoughts, knowledge, photos, and your unwavering passion for fountain pens. Please keep sharing as I know many of us here on FPN appreciate you.

As for your comments Ruth ... They are completely uncalled for and unprovoked. I had a similar experience when I posted something like Pravda here on FPN a few months back. And you know what ... That negative experience and comment the member posted really took some of the joy of FPN away from me and I subsequently lessened my time spent on this forum. I can't speak for everyone but I'm here to SHARE positive experiences, have fun, and meet new pen minded friends.

I'll say what some may be thinking but do not want to express here .... Ruth ... Shame on you. And Ruth I've read a lot of your comments and reviews over the years, especially on the ink threads. There is no place for snide remarks here on FPN. You, Are, Not, A, Nice, Person.

Pravda ... Love you man!

Thank you 888007888 for your support and generous comments :) I really appreciate it. It is for members like your kind self that I strive to keep you all updated with whatever news that may come my way and upload as many pictures as I can hoping it earns your favor.

I thank each Member who shares their pens here, whether low, medium or high in price. Just because I cannot afford something doesn't mean I cannot appreciate viewing & hearing the opinion of the owner of each pen. I was raised to believe that besides religion & politics, it was equally poor behavior to comment on a person's economic status. We all know what we are capable of spending & sometimes our choice is not relative to our capacity. That a person chooses to drive an expensive car, or NOT, live in a modest house or mansion is purely their choice & each should be equally respected.

Perhaps I am merely old fashioned but I was taught that good manners exist to make people comfortable & to cause discomfort to anyone, when unnecessary was behavior to be avoided.

Well said Pravda.

I sold my Mozart several months ago, I found it to small for me and kept it safely in a drawer to take out now, kinda regret selling now. Though I liked the package, the name with detail of the pen, seemed a pity not to use. Would I use it? in this moment, I am thinking yes, just right to go with a travel journal, there again, I could use my normal sized pens.

Is it human nature to 'regret' something once had and longer have?

Not a big thing as I could just buy another, yet.........

Montblanc: 146 75th Anniversary, 147 Le Grande, Doue Solitaire

Parker: Gold Duofold Centennial, Sonnet Fougere

Visconti Bronze Homo-Sapien

Waterman Edson Sapphire Blue

I have a Mozart Solitaire sterling silver, which as people here have said has the most delicious nib. It's remarkable given it's so small, but it's so soft and well tuned. It's a perfect pen for small pockets, and is a good size for writing when posted.

I do get the concern with cartridges, and I have quite a few mini pens, which will only take cartridges.

2 weeks ago, I decided to address the limited cartridge colours I have and I went to the writing desk (online) and bought 7 different packs of Diamine mixed colour cartridges. Each pack has 4 cartridges in 5 colours (20 in total), so I ended up with 35 different colours for less than $50 shipped. I'm made up now for all my cartridge needs for a long time, and can never whinge about colour choice.

I thank each Member who shares their pens here, whether low, medium or high in price. Just because I cannot afford something doesn't mean I cannot appreciate viewing & hearing the opinion of the owner of each pen. I was raised to believe that besides religion & politics, it was equally poor behavior to comment on a person's economic status. We all know what we are capable of spending & sometimes our choice is not relative to our capacity. That a person chooses to drive an expensive car, or NOT, live in a modest house or mansion is purely their choice & each should be equally respected.

Perhaps I am merely old fashioned but I was taught that good manners exist to make people comfortable & to cause discomfort to anyone, when unnecessary was behavior to be avoided.

~ Barkingpig:

We must have been raised with very similar values.

What you've eloquently expressed I also feel.

Thank you.

Tom K.

Five: It is comments like these 'must be nice to be rich' and 'for me it is a car payment' etc that makes members like me (and I know for a fact many others) have come to never put on exhibit our rarest pieces or limitations less than 888 on FPN. Lest it draws this kind of judgment rather than appreciation. People who say things like that are thus taking away or detracting from everyone else's experience.

Amazing response.

I see pens, some pens, as maybe out of reach at the moment... But who's to say it will be so in the future?

And yes, pens, cars, watches, etc are always to be admired and appreciated for what they are. Appreciated for the craftsmanship, design, etc.

And to the thread: thank you for the notice.!!