Dallas Pen Show 2017

Fuzzy_Bear

Well, I made it. PAKMAN too! Here is the proof!

fpn_1504924023__imag0061.jpg

This picture has become our tradition, as we noticed 3 years ago that our pictures had never made it on the site. So, we decided to take our own and post them!

Got some ink, including Chisolm Trail from Dromgooles. Wonderful brown. Some Storia Blue and Oku-Yama.

Peace and Understanding

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KKay

• Fuzzy_Bear

• deacondavid

• Cyber6

I saw both of you there. Now that I have a face to match to the name, I will try to talk with you next year... I got to spend a few minutes with PAKMAN before my friend and I hit the road for our return home (we day-tripped for the third year in a row). I was great to get to spend some time with people we met in previous years, meet some new friends and share our love of pens, ink and fine writing with others for a few hours.

I picked up about a pair of pens (a Franklin-Christoph 03 with a Masuyama Needlepoint nib and a Wingsung 698 with an Extra Fine nib), roughly a dozen inks (including some Chinese inks from brands that I have never heard of before) and some interesting Japanese notebooks. I look forward to spending some time with all of them in the next few days.

Current Daily Carry: Pilot Custom 743 with 14k Posting nib (Sailor Kiwa-Guro), Sailor 1911L Realo Champagne with 21k Extra Fine nib (Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu). Platinum Century 3776 Bourgogne (Diamine Syrah), Nakaya Portable Writer Midori with 14k Extra Extra Fine nib (Lamy Peridot), Pilot Vanishing Point Stealth Black with Extra Fine nib unit (Pilot Blue Black), a dozen Nockco DotDash index cards of various sizes and a Traveler's Notebook.

You guys look AWESOME.... and exactly as I always imagined.. :P

What is this Chisolm Trail??... Sounds nice.. :wub:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

These are not the FPN'rs your looking for! I shamelessly stole this picture from the internet. :)

Chilsom Tail is the free Dromgooles show ink he gives away every year.

Peace and Understanding

That is what I thought. But this year I thought maybe his store flooded, and they didn't do it this year. I told my friend to make sure he got a sample bottle of the new ink. I couldn't go as I had no money at all. But I did want to sample that ink for a future buy. Dang. I already called him and griped him out. He didn't answer, but I left him a "message". Maybe he didn't ASK them, and didn't see any on the table. I went last year, and I had to ask for a sample bottle. Sure enough I loved it and Blue Steel, and have BOTH inks. The USS Texas is a little better to me than Blue Steel. I do LOVE both of them though. Thanks Fuzzy Bear for telling me. I await your review! I love brown ink, so this is killing me that I didn't get to try it. What until he calls me back. I'm gonna give him another piece of my mind. LOLLLLLLLLLLL.

A while back I put together a list of the inks, trying to get them in order - if you're interested, here's the list: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/302130-dallas-pen-show-giveaway-inks/

If you're interested, I can spare a sample of it.

Current Daily Carry: Pilot Custom 743 with 14k Posting nib (Sailor Kiwa-Guro), Sailor 1911L Realo Champagne with 21k Extra Fine nib (Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu). Platinum Century 3776 Bourgogne (Diamine Syrah), Nakaya Portable Writer Midori with 14k Extra Extra Fine nib (Lamy Peridot), Pilot Vanishing Point Stealth Black with Extra Fine nib unit (Pilot Blue Black), a dozen Nockco DotDash index cards of various sizes and a Traveler's Notebook.

Almost forgot. My new stuff.

Ink

Chilsom Tail

Sailor Storia Night Blue

Sailor Jentle Oku Yama

Pens

FPR Guru F nib - gift for a young lady

FPR Guru Stub

Pelikan M150 1.0 stub

Peace and Understanding

The show was great again! The Noodler's Chisholm trail is nice.

I picked up a 3oz bottle of Dallas Police blue that I was told was supposed to have been last years show ink being sold for charity but it did not make it to the show in time. They only had a couple of bottles left. I'll take some pics this evening.

My 12 year old daughter was in heaven at the show and everyone was so nice to her. She bought some inks and a pen and got several free pens!

I have not heard of Dallas Police blue. Anything Dromgoole's picks for the year is of interest to me. I especially love the Texas themed inks!

That is a decent blue. I just went to their website. The store still is not open. Their website does not show the Civilization Blue. I don't see USS Texas or Blue Steel there either. I don't need more of the two I have right now. It would be sad if they discontinued those inks. I think they are both wonderful. I don't know about the Chisolm Trail ink yet.

Edited by KKay

The show was so much fun, yet again. I got by far more cheaply than last year, but still grabbed one of the FPR ebonite pens in olive and black with a flex nib and two bottles of ink.

So good seeing the familiar faces and getting hugs from the traveling gang. Always good to see those once a year faces!

Note of interest for all regarding the Civilization's Blue ink...it's PH neutral and supposedly even more bullet proof (interesting term for this ink) than the loved/hated Baystate Blue. I would love to try another t-shirt with this one. Hmmm.

Larry Dromgoole said the water was up to the threshold of the door, but did not spill over and then started to recede, thus no water inside, just a few nail-biting hours! They all survived with no damages to homes either.

Speaking of Dromgoole's, they produced a fabulous show t-shirt this year! (large for detail)

fpn_1505150664__21457770_142107032793070

Edited by TXKat

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Well, I made it. PAKMAN too! Here is the proof!

fpn_1504924023__imag0061.jpg

This picture has become our tradition, as we noticed 3 years ago that our pictures had never made it on the site. So, we decided to take our own and post them!

Got some ink, including Chisolm Trail from Dromgooles. Wonderful brown. Some Storia Blue and Oku-Yama.

You guys look great!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

It was a great time had by all for sure. We really had a great time. Brought home some goodies and met lots of friends and dealers. Shout out to Blue Sky Pens and his beautiful Cigar Pens and Troy at MWP for his unique idea of building the parts of the pens and then you select the body and cap and such to make your pen right there. It was sun for sure. Came home with a used MB149 and a Sheaffer Pen for Men Model 2. I have inked the MB 149 and am trying the think of which pen to load with Baystate Blue. With many speaking of Dromgooles, they are hosting the Lone Star Pen Club Meeting this coming Saturday Evening (September 16). If you are in Houston and you plan to come out for the meeting (Guests are always welcome), be sure and bring a folding chair with you to help with seating.