• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Pravda

• dubhe

• Ghost Plane

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I shall try to incorporate Lola in the nib photos; what could possibly go wrong?!

~ dubhe:

Leave it to Lola to answer that question.

Zuji is four weeks older than Lola, with enhanced “what fun it is to disrupt!” skills.

I'm looking forward to your images.

Tom K.

~ dubhe:

No finer pen holder exists!

Were yours truly to attempt to duplicate the shots with 13-week old Zuji, his Pug instincts to test everything in the mouth would take over. Bye-bye unmarred pens!

Your photos are superb !!!!!!!!!

What a treat to see them.

Thank you so much!

Tom K.

Beautiful and equally cute photos dubhe :) like

Tom Kellie I would attempt to match it with my 2 year old son but he too has a tendency to try biting everything hehe

~ CS388:

The strokes written by your 149 BB in Montblanc Blue Black are so crisp and clear.

Very nice. Thank you for the comparative post.

Tom K.

Thank you CS388 for your contribution :)

I got my 2 x BB nibs yesterday on the L'Aubrac and the Moon Pearl. Thankfully, they're much better than the previous one.

fpn_1505217235__broad_nibs.jpg

At the end, I feel this exercise was subjective and heavily dependent on paper and ink.

But I guess it also have me conclude that these handmade nibs can vary greatly. I have failed to explain earlier properly so I will attempt now.

This is the 1906 BB nib I received. I felt it wrote in crisp italics.

fpn_1505217511__img_0544_2.jpg

Then I received the 1st L'Aubrac nib that felt blotchy. The tipping was massive.

fpn_1505217555__img_0544.jpg

I ground it to this, which I felt was a much improved version aesthetically.

fpn_1505217617__img_0862.jpg

The new ones are somewhere in the middle, but very crisp (refer to first image middle lines).

How do you like my new pen holder?

I sure would not trust my dogs as a pen holder. My American Eskimo destroyed the cap for a Pilot 74 after stealing the pen off a table. Nice pens, and you do have a cute dog.

Hello friends,

I hoped to ask you if it may be possible to show me the lines of your BB nibs.

All my nibs that aren't Fs of Ms are mainly OBBB/OBB/OB and so I have limited experience with straight-up broads.

When I received my first BB on the Heritage 1906 Tropic Brown, it laid down beautiful crisp italics that I immediately ordered an additional 2 for my recently acquired pens.

To my dismay, the first one arrived and laid down a blotchy/stubbish script. As you see on the second line in the picture below, compared to the line above it.

fpn_1504799233__img_0544.jpg

And so I asked MB to get me another one, along with the additional one I am still waiting for. In the meantime, I had a go at grinding this.

fpn_1504799598__img_0799.jpg

In effect, I believe I reached the desired nib characteristic. But it got me thinking, does a standard or regular BB nib from Montblanc give you the 1st or 2nd type of writing in the first picture?

fpn_1504799681__img_0862.jpg

Hello I had a similar experience with a MB Heritage 1906 tropic brown that my girlfriend purchased for my birthday few month ago.

She ordered a B nib however once I wrote with it it was very dry, not smooth and suffered from hard start.

we returned the pen to MB through Harrods in London and when it came back was a different pen. Finally it writes as it should!

Just wanted to share my experience with you since we are talking about the same pen!

• 5 months later...

Here is my contribution to this ...attachicon.gif IMG_0487.JPG

~ glittertinden:

I liked your double broad handwriting sample so much that I returned to admire it.

I noticed your invitation to visit your pen-oriented Web site at:

www.nibbinibnibb.com

Thank you for your thoughtful discussions, reviews and photos.

Reading the posts was an education.

Very nice.

Tom K.