What Model Is This And About How Old Is It?

ChadHahn

I picked up this pen and pencil set a few days ago at Goodwill and was wondering what model the pen was. It came with filling instructions that leads me to think that it is either a 21 or 51. It doesn't look like my 51 but that one was made in 47. As far as I can see it doesn't have a date code.

Thanks,

Chad

post-107897-0-13639000-1504568426_thumb.jpg

post-107897-0-26875200-1504568437_thumb.jpg

post-107897-0-25159200-1504568446_thumb.jpg

post-107897-0-03583400-1504568458_thumb.jpg

post-107897-0-42850300-1504568471_thumb.jpg

post-107897-0-39735700-1504568478_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChadHahn

• mitto

• parkergeo

• NinthSphere

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would say your pen is from the early days of the model - say early 60s - indicated by the metal end-tip on the barrel and the style of the converter.

=====================================
Mario Mirabile
Melbourne, Australia

www.miralightimaging.com

=====================================

It's a P45 Black Coronet, which is a colored metal flighter with special trim. Notice the wider than normal clutch ring, and the unique cap imprinting with the Parker logo centered under the clip. It'a premium pen.

We'll have to see about that. :) There are some pretty colors though in the line.

I flushed the pen yesterday, it appeared to have been put away with ink in it. After I flushed it sufficiently, I filled it with fresh ink and was amazed at how smooth it writes. Not too shabby for a pen and pencil set I almost didn't buy.

When I looked at it the gold toned parts had stuff stuck to them and it looked like corrosion. I'm used to the 51 nib hood and thought that the hood on this pen was broken because of the curved parts. The set was $7 so I almost left it thinking that it was in bad shape. Luckily I didn't because the gold metal has seemed to clean up nicely and the hood is supposed to look that way.

Chad

Thanks. I do like it. I was using the pencil last night to do a crossword and it was a very nice pencil as well. The eraser was hard as a rock but it's 50 years old so I guess I can't complain.

Chad

You may use the eraser found stuck on the end of simple pencils after modifying the size to fit your 45 Coronet MP.

I do the same with my P51 MPs.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

You may use the eraser found stuck on the end of simple pencils after modifying the size to fit your 45 Coronet MP.

I do the same with my P51 MPs.

Thanks. That a good idea. I wasn't too worried about it because I never make mistakes. :) But I should check that out in case I have to lend the pencil to someone. :)

Chad