The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pif For Teachers Or Parents

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 goodpens

goodpens

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:56

I bought some inexpensive beginner fountain pens over the summer with the intent of giving them to my niece to get her started. I specifically wanted pens that take international convertors, but most of what I bought fits a different size. I changed my plans re: what I'd give her. Now I'd like to give these to someone else who can use them to help get students started with fountain pens--and who will be willing to use bottled ink as part of the process.

On offer:

3 Miffy pens, exactly like those in this listing: http://www.ebay.com/...=item21114b4c81

They are cute and read "Love to you," which hopefully wouldn't be weird as a gift to a student from a teacher. 

They are fine nibs that are surprisingly smooth and good. I inked and tried one pen, but it is clean; the others are brand new. Each includes a convertor. The caps posted well.

1 unmarked Chinese Parker Vector-style knockoff. This one does take international cartridges, I believe, but also has a convertor. It posts, but not very well.

All 4 pens will be sent to the first person to PM me with:

* US Mailing address

* A little about who you will give these to. I don't want info that is too personal or reveals your students' identities. Just something about the subject and grade/age you teach, why your kids might be into fountain pens, etc.

* Your favorite ink color(s). This is purely selfish. I'm just curious about what inks I should try next. :)

Sponsored Content

#2 goodpens

goodpens

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 13:27

Bueller? Bueller?

(I havent heard from any takers. This offer is still available.)

Edited by goodpens, 05 September 2017 - 13:58.

#3 goodpens

goodpens

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 13:57

Offer claimed and closed.

#4 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 September 2017 - 20:18

BTW, I took my kids to see FBDO when it came back in to the theatres. We had a great time.  They loved seeing a super young Charlie Sheen and they commented that was still the same sort of guy.

If you see one of my posts and an image is missing, please copy the the URL or the link to the post and send me a PM (Private Message) so that I can upload the images. I changed hosting companies and not all of the images were uploaded.

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar?  

Get a chance to try out pens look at the TWSBI Loaners  and  Estie Loaners

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks

Fountain pens are my PREFERRED ADVANCED COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas.

#5 RogerW

RogerW

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2017 - 19:01

My g/f is a teacher and we got more than 100 preppies donated to her classes this summer at the Dallas Pen show. The novelty of the fountain pen holds the kids attention long enough for her to actually teach the kids something. 

Thanks for the PIF.

#6 kaysguy

kaysguy

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2017 - 14:20

Photos will be posted soon once I can get someone to take them in the classroom.  This was a heck of a PIF with some surprisingly nice pens, ink samples and ephemera.

#7 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2017 - 19:17

AWESOME

If you see one of my posts and an image is missing, please copy the the URL or the link to the post and send me a PM (Private Message) so that I can upload the images. I changed hosting companies and not all of the images were uploaded.

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar?  

Get a chance to try out pens look at the TWSBI Loaners  and  Estie Loaners

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks

Fountain pens are my PREFERRED ADVANCED COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas.

#8 goodpens

goodpens

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 21:35

Looking forward to pics!

Sponsored Content

|