Pilot Namiki Metal Falcon From Japan Through Ems(Custom Duty)

Deep_Adhikary

Hi All

I have ordered a Pilot Metal Falcon from JAPAN through ebay.com. It cost me $187+$16=$203(around RS 13700)

It is being delivered through EMS speed post.

This is my first import, I have no clue about what will be the custom duty for the pen.

I was not aware of the Gift clause, so I did not marked this item as gift. :mellow:

Moreover I had to ship this item to my friend's address as Japan EMS is not available in my pin code.

Could any one help regarding custom duty for this pen.How the custom duty will be calculated after GST, and the payment procedure.

I am worried by reading some post's from different source in internet. They said, I have to visit custom office for clearance.

Are there be any complication, as I have shipped it in my friend's address?

:( :(

"Everything comes to us that belongs to us, if we create the capacity to receive it"

-Rabindranath Tagore

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deep_Adhikary

• prashant.tikekar

• BRBA

• Bluey

If custom duty is changed, you will have to pay it to the postman in cash at the time of delivery. Amount will depend upon your luck. Since you have shipped to your friend's address, if your friend receives any letter from custom office, he can claim that it is a gift from you and produce proof that payment is done by you and not by him.

If custom duty is changed, you will have to pay it to the postman in cash at the time of delivery. Amount will depend upon your luck. Since you have shipped to your friend's address, if your friend receives any letter from custom office, he can claim that it is a gift from you and produce proof that payment is done by you and not by him.

Thanks Prashant

Hi I have received the dispatched note from the seller. It is mentioned that, Item is a gift. But the over all cost is RS11966($187).

So how the custom duty will be charged. And the current status of the package is (Speed Post Tracking India Post)

30/08/2017 10:35:00 Japan TOKYO INT BAG Send item abroad (EDI-received) Air KOLKATA EMS SPEED POST CENTRE

Please let me know what does it mean. How the custom expected to be charged in this case.

"Everything comes to us that belongs to us, if we create the capacity to receive it"

-Rabindranath Tagore

Thanks Prashant

Hi I have received the dispatched note from the seller. It is mentioned that, Item is a gift. But the over all cost is RS11966($187).

So how the custom duty will be charged. And the current status of the package is (Speed Post Tracking India Post)

30/08/2017

10:35:00

Japan

TOKYO INT BAG

Send item abroad (EDI-received)

Air

KOLKATA EMS SPEED POST CENTRE

Please let me know what does it mean. How the custom expected to be charged in this case.

If it can be shown that the item is a gift, value of gift upto Rs20000 is exempt. The challenge here is that such gifts should have been received from abroad ( from persons staying abroad). So if your friend sticks to showing it as such, then no problem. Otherwise the customs could be approx 40% plus a penalty of minimumRs 2000. You keep tracking, normally a letter is received through the postman who delivers the packet.

If it can be shown that the item is a gift, value of gift upto Rs20000 is exempt. The challenge here is that such gifts should have been received from abroad ( from persons staying abroad). So if your friend sticks to showing it as such, then no problem. Otherwise the customs could be approx 40% plus a penalty of minimumRs 2000. You keep tracking, normally a letter is received through the postman who delivers the packet.

Thank You... :) :)

Yesterday I have received my pen. No problem regarding custom clearance :wub: . They have charged 2193 as custom duty(I think this is due to the item marked as gift.) Overall Cost is arround 15500(in India this cost is arround 24K :excl: :excl: ) :D

The pen is awesome.. I have ordered fine nib. Nib is smooth with little bit feedback. For better line variation one should bough SEF nib i think. I have plan to publish a detailed review.

-Rabindranath Tagore

The pen is awesome.. I have ordered fine nib. Nib is smooth with little bit feedback. For better line variation one should bough SEF nib i think. I have plan to publish a detailed review.

The SEF is somewhat stiffer and has a lot more feedback. For what little line variation there is you're better off with the SF.

Yesterday I have received my pen. No problem regarding custom clearance :wub: . They have charged 2193 as custom duty(I think this is due to the item marked as gift.) Overall Cost is arround 15500(in India this cost is arround 24K :excl: :excl: ) :D

Glad to hear that you got the pen with reasonable custom duty. Enjoy the pen and do post the results / review.

That's great. Enjoy the pen.

• 1 month later...

congrats n enjoy the pen nnlooking forward to your review u can try on ebay pisuke engeika or rakuten or jsubculture for buying japanese stuff

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F

And all indian pens