The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pilot Namiki Metal Falcon From Japan Through Ems(Custom Duty)

ems falcon jaban custom duty india

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Prince_of_Kolkata

Prince_of_Kolkata

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:32

Hi All

I have ordered a Pilot Metal Falcon from JAPAN through ebay.com. It cost me $187+$16=$203(around RS 13700)

It is being delivered through EMS speed post. 

This is my first import, I have no clue about what will be the custom duty for the pen.

I was not aware of the Gift clause, so I did not marked this item as gift. :mellow: 

Moreover I had to ship this item to my friend's address as Japan EMS is not available in my pin code.

Could any one help regarding custom duty for this pen.How the custom duty will be calculated after GST, and the payment procedure.

I am worried by reading some post's from different source in internet. They said, I have to visit custom office for clearance.

Are there be any complication, as I have shipped it in my friend's address?

:(  :(

"Everything comes to us that belongs to us, if we create the capacity to receive it"

-Rabindranath Tagore

Sponsored Content

#2 prashant.tikekar

prashant.tikekar

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2017 - 16:59

If custom duty is changed, you will have to pay it to the postman in cash at the time of delivery. Amount will depend upon your luck. Since you have shipped to your friend's address, if your friend receives any letter from custom office, he can claim that it is a gift from you and produce proof that payment is done by you and not by him.

#3 Prince_of_Kolkata

Prince_of_Kolkata

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:51

If custom duty is changed, you will have to pay it to the postman in cash at the time of delivery. Amount will depend upon your luck. Since you have shipped to your friend's address, if your friend receives any letter from custom office, he can claim that it is a gift from you and produce proof that payment is done by you and not by him.

Thanks Prashant

Hi I have received the dispatched note from the seller. It is mentioned that, Item is a gift. But the over all cost is RS11966($187).

So how the custom duty will be charged. And the current status of the package is (Speed Post Tracking India Post)

30/08/2017 10:35:00 Japan TOKYO INT BAG Send item abroad (EDI-received) Air KOLKATA EMS SPEED POST CENTRE  

Please let me know what does it mean. How the custom expected to be charged in this case.

"Everything comes to us that belongs to us, if we create the capacity to receive it"

-Rabindranath Tagore

#4 BRBA

BRBA

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:49

Thanks Prashant

Hi I have received the dispatched note from the seller. It is mentioned that, Item is a gift. But the over all cost is RS11966($187).
So how the custom duty will be charged. And the current status of the package is (Speed Post Tracking India Post)

30/08/2017

10:35:00

Japan

TOKYO INT BAG

Send item abroad (EDI-received)

Air

KOLKATA EMS SPEED POST CENTRE

Please let me know what does it mean. How the custom expected to be charged in this case.

If it can be shown that the item is a gift, value of gift upto Rs20000 is exempt. The challenge here is that such gifts should have been received from abroad ( from persons staying abroad). So if your friend sticks to showing it as such, then no problem. Otherwise the customs could be approx 40% plus a penalty of minimumRs 2000. You keep tracking, normally a letter is received through the postman who delivers the packet.

#5 Prince_of_Kolkata

Prince_of_Kolkata

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:09

If it can be shown that the item is a gift, value of gift upto Rs20000 is exempt. The challenge here is that such gifts should have been received from abroad ( from persons staying abroad). So if your friend sticks to showing it as such, then no problem. Otherwise the customs could be approx 40% plus a penalty of minimumRs 2000. You keep tracking, normally a letter is received through the postman who delivers the packet.

Thank You... :)  :)

Yesterday I have received my pen.  No problem regarding custom clearance :wub: . They have charged 2193 as custom duty(I think this is due to the item marked as gift.) Overall Cost is arround 15500(in India this cost is arround 24K :excl:  :excl: )  :D

The pen is awesome.. I have ordered fine nib. Nib is smooth with little bit feedback. For better line variation one should bough SEF nib i think.  I have plan to publish a detailed review.

-Rabindranath Tagore

#6 Bluey

Bluey

Somewhere between green and indigo

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2017 - 15:01

The pen is awesome.. I have ordered fine nib. Nib is smooth with little bit feedback. For better line variation one should bough SEF nib i think.  I have plan to publish a detailed review.

The SEF is somewhat stiffer and has a lot more feedback. For what little line variation there is you're better off with the SF.

Mediterranean blue, Asa Goa, China blue, Royal blue, Sapphire blue, Indigo, Washable Blue....the colours of the rainbow.

#7 prashant.tikekar

prashant.tikekar

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:47

Yesterday I have received my pen.  No problem regarding custom clearance :wub: . They have charged 2193 as custom duty(I think this is due to the item marked as gift.) Overall Cost is arround 15500(in India this cost is arround 24K :excl:  :excl: )  :D

Glad to hear that you got the pen with reasonable custom duty. Enjoy the pen and do post the results / review.

#8 BRBA

BRBA

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:45

That's great. Enjoy the pen.

#9 maverink

maverink

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:07

congrats n enjoy the pen nnlooking forward to your review u can try on ebay pisuke engeika or  rakuten or jsubculture for buying japanese stuff

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F
And all indian pens

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ems, falcon, jaban, custom duty, india

Sponsored Content

|