The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Problem With Delta Unica

delta unica section resin

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 fraustaenki

fraustaenki

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:50

Hi everyone!

I recently got my first Delta Pen … I got lucky, and had the chance to get a Delta Unica pen in a very good condition, but …

After I tried to draw out the nib, the grip section got loose and now I have a resin tube (formerly grip sectin) and the nibhousing with nib and feed.

I do not see any rests of glue or something else, so I am thinking about, how to fix the grip to the nibhousing again, because, if I do not fix it, the grip section constantly turns around …

Should I use a strong adhesive, to glue the resin tube to the nibhousing or should I just use kind of a schellack??!

Perhaps, here are some Delta pros that might help …

Best wishes and happy writing!

Daniel

Attached Images

• Delta_2parts.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Angel91

Angel91

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:04

Its very common. Just glue it.

#3 fraustaenki

fraustaenki

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:07

Its very common. Just glue it.

Ok. But, I do not see any rests of glue or anything in the resin tube or on the nib housing, so I was wondering, how they managed to stick the tube to the housing …

#4 Angel91

Angel91

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:11

Well... you can see they didn't put much effort

#5 Cordovian

Cordovian

Oh, shiny.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2017 - 13:55

The section in question was most likely friction fitted to the metal band just before the threads. If it slides easily onto and off of the band it might have a hairline crack (or it might have been cored wrong at the factory). If it does not slide easily onto the band then I would remove the nib assembly and try pressing the section onto the band. 

If you decide to glue the piece to the threaded section, I would remove the nib assembly first (or be very careful not to glue it to the section). You might want to be able to remove the nib/feed for cleaning or a swap later. 

#6 inkfade

inkfade

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 23:07

The exact same thing happened to my Delta Unica from Goulet. I returned it for another, but if I had been unable, would have super glued it.

#7 fraustaenki

fraustaenki

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 September 2017 - 13:36

Thank you all, for all the worthy helpful hints. I will try to glue soon … Will keep you informed!

#8 writerstephen

writerstephen

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 October 2017 - 15:01

The exact same thing happened to my Delta Unica from Goulet. I returned it for another, but if I had been unable, would have super glued it.

The same thing happened to my Goulet Unica! They told me to contact Yafa--it had been almost a year since I'd bought the pen. Still, it's the first time I've been irritated by Goulet's service.

#9 minddance

minddance

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:15

Just a quick question: Are Deltas made in Italy? Or in the East?

#10 jekostas

jekostas

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:12

Just a quick question: Are Deltas made in Italy? Or in the East?

All Deltas *were* made in Italy.  The company is basically history at this point.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: delta, unica, section, resin

Sponsored Content

|