The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

How To Get Rid Of Ink From Demonstrator Pen!

cleaning

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 justvrod

justvrod

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2017 - 00:11

You've mentioned or confirmed two specific locations where you found ink stains: (1) between the plastic grip and the metal part of the section, and (2) the one you mentioned in your second post, where you seemed to be stuck with two spots on the nib/feed collar.  I understand you removed the nib and feed for cleaning and worked on that part of the project in earnest.  But I'm curious: were you able to unscrew the plastic grip from the metal part of the section to clean the stain(s) you found there?  What happened to the ink you saw between the plastic grip and the metal part of the section?

Sorry for the confusion, I thought you are talking about the space i mentioned :P. So no, I don't have ink trapped around metal part of grip section (luckily). I tried to unscrew the metal part but it seems to be glued while screwed in. The only stains i have are in the plastic portion of the grip section slightly mid way in the clear plastic portion of grip. 

Sponsored Content

#22 justvrod

justvrod

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2017 - 00:34

Ok, I went and watched the video again (thanks to Bookman) and end up cursing myself as the ink was stuck between nib collar and grip. I did took the nib and feed out but didn't realize that there was second plastic section that unscrews (again, until i watched entire video). so now here is conclusion of this post :

* FPN is awesome !

* I don't know everything about pens i own (I would love to) ! and I learn something new every day.

* Getting the metal part out from this pen is painful task. I might have to nudge it every time i clean the pen (just like the video suggested) 

Thank you once again !

#23 Bookman

Bookman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:58

Ok, I went and watched the video again (thanks to Bookman) and end up cursing myself as the ink was stuck between nib collar and grip. I did took the nib and feed out but didn't realize that there was second plastic section that unscrews (again, until i watched entire video). so now here is conclusion of this post :

* FPN is awesome !

* I don't know everything about pens i own (I would love to) ! and I learn something new every day.

* Getting the metal part out from this pen is painful task. I might have to nudge it every time i clean the pen (just like the video suggested) 

Thank you once again !

As far as I know, I'm the only person in the known universe to successfully unscrew the plastic grip from the metal part of the Pilot Custom 74 section.  When you do it, that will make two of us.  I'm rooting for you.  It can be done.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

round-postcard-exc.png

#24 Bluey

Bluey

Somewhere between green and indigo

• Away
  • 1,961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:05

It shouldn't much different to this, as mentioned in my earlier post

http://www.fountainp...-2#entry2262193

Mediterranean blue, Asa Goa, China blue, Royal blue, Sapphire blue, Indigo, Washable Blue....the colours of the rainbow.

#25 Bookman

Bookman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 2,137 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:41

It shouldn't much different to this, as mentioned in my earlier post

http://www.fountainp...-2#entry2262193

If owners of the Pilot Custom 74 have had success in removing the plastic grip, as your link shows was done with a Sailor pen, I've never heard of it.  The threads underneath the grip, of course, are a dead giveaway that the Custom 74 grip unscrews.  But actually unscrewing it seems to be a problem for people.  I've combed the reviews here, I've combed the YouTube videos on the Custom 74.  Only two reviewers that I found even mentioned the unscrewing of the grip, and both reviewers said they couldn't do it, they were giving up and leaving well enough alone.  I would like to be able to pass along to viewers of my video that X number of other Custom 74 owners have had success unscrewing the grip.  Anyone who has done it, please PM me and I'll start taking a tally.  Thanks. 

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

round-postcard-exc.png

#26 Sasha Royale

Sasha Royale

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2017 - 18:08

When I was in the Navy, the summer, service dress white uniform showed every spec of dirt in the environment.  It showed very crease in the cloth.  Khaki was better.  Aviation green was great. Service dress blue was wonderful.  There were still dirt and wrinkles, but they did not show. 

Ink seeps.  The pigment stains.  People choose a demonstrator to see everything.  Enjoy it !  

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn. 
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen: 
Verweile doch, du bist so schön ! 

#27 justvrod

justvrod

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2017 - 19:06

As far as I know, I'm the only person in the known universe to successfully unscrew the plastic grip from the metal part of the Pilot Custom 74 section.  When you do it, that will make two of us.  I'm rooting for you.  It can be done.

Will definitely let you know once I've conquered it !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cleaning

Sponsored Content

|