How To Get Rid Of Ink From Demonstrator Pen!

justvrod

You've mentioned or confirmed two specific locations where you found ink stains: (1) between the plastic grip and the metal part of the section, and (2) the one you mentioned in your second post, where you seemed to be stuck with two spots on the nib/feed collar. I understand you removed the nib and feed for cleaning and worked on that part of the project in earnest. But I'm curious: were you able to unscrew the plastic grip from the metal part of the section to clean the stain(s) you found there? What happened to the ink you saw between the plastic grip and the metal part of the section?

Sorry for the confusion, I thought you are talking about the space i mentioned :P. So no, I don't have ink trapped around metal part of grip section (luckily). I tried to unscrew the metal part but it seems to be glued while screwed in. The only stains i have are in the plastic portion of the grip section slightly mid way in the clear plastic portion of grip.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• justvrod

• Bookman

• pajaro

• BT_Summers

Ok, I went and watched the video again (thanks to Bookman) and end up cursing myself as the ink was stuck between nib collar and grip. I did took the nib and feed out but didn't realize that there was second plastic section that unscrews (again, until i watched entire video). so now here is conclusion of this post :

* FPN is awesome !

* I don't know everything about pens i own (I would love to) ! and I learn something new every day.

* Getting the metal part out from this pen is painful task. I might have to nudge it every time i clean the pen (just like the video suggested)

Thank you once again !

Ok, I went and watched the video again (thanks to Bookman) and end up cursing myself as the ink was stuck between nib collar and grip. I did took the nib and feed out but didn't realize that there was second plastic section that unscrews (again, until i watched entire video). so now here is conclusion of this post :

* FPN is awesome !

* I don't know everything about pens i own (I would love to) ! and I learn something new every day.

* Getting the metal part out from this pen is painful task. I might have to nudge it every time i clean the pen (just like the video suggested)

Thank you once again !

As far as I know, I'm the only person in the known universe to successfully unscrew the plastic grip from the metal part of the Pilot Custom 74 section. When you do it, that will make two of us. I'm rooting for you. It can be done.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

If owners of the Pilot Custom 74 have had success in removing the plastic grip, as your link shows was done with a Sailor pen, I've never heard of it. The threads underneath the grip, of course, are a dead giveaway that the Custom 74 grip unscrews. But actually unscrewing it seems to be a problem for people. I've combed the reviews here, I've combed the YouTube videos on the Custom 74. Only two reviewers that I found even mentioned the unscrewing of the grip, and both reviewers said they couldn't do it, they were giving up and leaving well enough alone. I would like to be able to pass along to viewers of my video that X number of other Custom 74 owners have had success unscrewing the grip. Anyone who has done it, please PM me and I'll start taking a tally. Thanks.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

When I was in the Navy, the summer, service dress white uniform showed every spec of dirt in the environment. It showed very crease in the cloth. Khaki was better. Aviation green was great. Service dress blue was wonderful. There were still dirt and wrinkles, but they did not show.

Ink seeps. The pigment stains. People choose a demonstrator to see everything. Enjoy it !

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

As far as I know, I'm the only person in the known universe to successfully unscrew the plastic grip from the metal part of the Pilot Custom 74 section. When you do it, that will make two of us. I'm rooting for you. It can be done.

Will definitely let you know once I've conquered it !