I Buckled. Twsbi Classic. Review Coming Soon!

Wayfarer

Well... You know you're in deep when you have bought more than three fountain pens. I finally ordered the TWSBI Classic in Black, 1.1mm Stub... The pen I've been enamoured with ever since I got into penmanship. I know, I know. It's not a Visconti or anything, but it's the pen for me. Ink window, classic look, stub nib, piston filler, can be disassembled and cleaned from top to bottom... I've heard there are some issues with leaking, but using my grandfather's Osmiroid (with ink window) for the last year, I almost feel like I need to get inked to feel like I'm using a fountain pen, so if it happens, no big deal. Anyone with a classic that would like to share any experiences? Good and bad included!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Studio97

• CAG_1787

• Wayfarer

• akrohn2010

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone here starts somewhere. Three pens was a few decades ago for me. I have 12 FPs inked right now. I dont need one but the TWSBI has looked interesting to me and not expensive. I have this odd practice ( maybe OCD) of frequently checking my ink usage in FPs and any pen i am using. A clear plastic body solves that. I really want a new Montblanc but i need to hit that lotto before that happens.

Let us know how the pen works.

Don't own a Classic but love my Eco and just got a Vac mini. Don't feel like you have to "move on" from a good inexpensive pen. If you love it, get it and use it often. My Eco is still my favorite pen despite most of my collection being "nicer" than it.

My two TWSBIs wrote a tiny bit dry out of the box...if yours does that and it bothers you a nib "flossing" with a brass sheet (be gentle) helped mine increase ink flow just a tad.

Enjoy your Classic!

~AK

Whenever you are fed up with life, start writing: ink is the great cure for all human ills, as I found out long ago.

~C.S. Lewis

--------------

Current Rotation:

Edison Menlo <m italic>, Lamy 2000 <EF>, Wing Sung 601 <F>

Pilot VP <F>, Pilot Metropolitan <F>, Pilot Penmanship <EF>

I had one, but ultimately sold it. It was a sturdy, reliable pen, but the section was just too skinny to be comfortable for me.

Enjoy your new pen. I have two TWSBI's-a 580 and a Eco. The 580 was a B when it arrived and I had it stubbed. The Eco has a 1.1. Fun pens.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain