Mb Nib Exchange - What Is Going On?

kelvinkeh

The saga is finally over! To the naked eye everything looks great, I can tell they replaced my clip and possibly my cap, the piston feels different as well. Most importantly, the nib. This thing writes like a dream! 149 O3B inked with MB oyster gray. Even on a poor quality steno pad it looks amazing. Please forgive the terrible photo.

fpn_1512569753__img_1420.jpg

Nice looking pen – I'm patiently waiting for my own to ship from La Couronne du Comte, hopefully in time to write some Christmas cards.

Now that you finally have it, were the days of your tribulation worth it? Or was your suffering in the wilderness because of the rudeness of MB all for naught?

Regardless, Merry Christmas brother!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Chrissy

• Ghost Plane

• Dcharles

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought a mozart jewellry platinum 6 weeks ago with a standard M nib. Debated long and hard about sending it in for an EF. Kept it in my car trunk unopened the entire 6 weeks. Ended up never sending it in because of my recent issues with MB USA service on my most recent two pens.

My 1906 went back and forth 3-4 times between my AD and MB service over the course of 14 months only to finally be returned to me with my AD saying they couldn't fix it, yet it was returned to me in worse shape than when it was first sent!!! Eventually I took it to a local jeweler who was able to repair it in 5 minutes while I stood there watching him fix it.

My Ultra Black was sent in after owning it for 9 months because the metal pistol knob became unglued. Was returned from MB USA service to my AD in California in 5 weeks ... but they ruined the pen. The metal piston knob was glued back, but the piston wouldn't completely close and screw down. My AD replaced it themselves.

I think this Mozart will be my final new purchase from MB. I now trust strangers on eBay more than Montblanc service. So sad to see MB going down in flames like this 😞

I bought a mozart jewellry platinum 6 weeks ago with a standard M nib. Debated long and hard about sending it in for an EF.

I think this Mozart will be my final new purchase from MB. I now trust strangers on eBay more than Montblanc service. So sad to see MB going down in flames like this

~ 888007888:

Very glad to know that you'll have a Platinum Mozart EF.

The Platinum Mozart EF I have is used every day.

The size is ideal for use while reading. I used it today to mark student homework.

I hope that the EF nib exchange will go relatively smoothly for you.

I'm sorry that Montblanc North America service has become unsatisfactory.

Thank you for telling us about the pen and the nib exchange.

Tom K.

A few years back I sent 3 brand spanking new pens to the MB Boutique in Orlando for nib exchanges. The nibs were changed and I got 3 old pens of the same model. Im not going to say that I think it was intentional because I know the rules and they arent here to refute me. Ill say it was an accident. However, my wife got on the phone with the store manager and threatened to sue. My 3 pens came in the mail even before I could return the 3 old pens. Now, a few later I have about 4 MBs that need work. I wont send them to MB.

ALLAN😀😀