The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Mb Nib Exchange - What Is Going On?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 Driften

Driften

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2017 - 18:50

So.... after using the pen for awhile, the platinum nib on yellow gold 149 is actually growing on me, I'm now caught in two minds as to whether I should return this pen to get the nib swapped to the regular yellow gold trim or keep it as is. It writes fantastically well, and the novelty in having the mismatched nib trim is actually interesting, makes for an understated look.

What do you guys think? Should I just hang onto it or send it back?

I think keep it. Go for performance over looks. It would suck to send it back and its the right finish but does not write as well.

Sponsored Content

#62 -kk-

-kk-

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2017 - 21:55

OK a bit of an update on my end. Im keeping the mismatched nib. It writes well and I like the more understated look.

The rose gold, however, is back in Hamburg (for the 3rd time). This time, MB customer service is actually and hopefully 1) it wont take months (ive been assured), 2) I will get a nib that writes well and 3) without any plating issues.

We are slowly getting there.

#63 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to OBBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:18

OK a bit of an update on my end. Im keeping the mismatched nib. It writes well and I like the more understated look.

The rose gold, however, is back in Hamburg (for the 3rd time). This time, MB customer service is actually and hopefully 1) it wont take months (ive been assured), 2) I will get a nib that writes well and 3) without any plating issues.

We are slowly getting there.

~ -kk-:

I greatly admire your patient attitude.

May you finally have all of the pens you want.

Tom K.

Sponsored Content

|