The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Massdrop - Rohrer & Klingner 3 Pack- $19.99

rohrer & klingner

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Vintage Razor

Vintage Razor

Rare

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:45

For anyone interested Massdrop has Rohrer & Klingner ink 3 pack for $19.99. 

https://www.massdrop...&referer=37X2GL

Edited by Vintage Razor, 20 August 2017 - 12:45.

Sponsored Content

#2 JerryA2Z

JerryA2Z

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:29

For a U.S. resident, this seems like the best price per bottle ($27.74 incl. shipping = $9.25 per). A couple of commenters on last year's drop said, however, that the ink is cheaper from unnamed European dealers. Useless information, as Mick Jagger once sang. I looked at a couple of sites (La Couronne du Comte, Gerstaecker.de, Amazon) but they either have higher shipping costs or a minimum order size. The Seitz-Kreuznach store on eBay (seitz-kreuznach) has only 15 of the fountain pen ($9.31 or $9.68 per) and Dokumentus ($22.62 per) inks, and doesn't offer Royal Blue, the one I'm more interested in.

Can anyone suggest other sources, or is the best bet to find a friend traveling to Germany who'd take a chance on carrying a couple of 50ml ink bottles back to the States?

Edited by JerryA2Z, 23 August 2017 - 00:36.

Waterbury: And he says, "Sign here, please, on the dotted line."

Sousé: I'll have a fountain pen by that time.

W.C. Fields: The Bank Dick

#3 RubenDh

RubenDh

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2017 - 21:14

As I'm from Belgium (next to The Netherlands) and I buy my stuff at La Couronne Du Compte, I just checked their site.

They offer each bottle for 4.5 euros (5.2 USD).

Three bottles of that makes 15.6 usd or 13.5 euros which is still cheaper than the massdrop?

Maybe the massdrop is "only" interesting for non-europeans?

#4 JerryA2Z

JerryA2Z

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2017 - 00:39

As I'm from Belgium (next to The Netherlands) and I buy my stuff at La Couronne Du Compte, I just checked their site.

Three bottles of that makes 15.6 usd or 13.5 euros which is still cheaper than the massdrop?

I think the site is North America-oriented, though Canadian commenters sometimes complain about the import duties.

#5 Theroc

Theroc

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2017 - 16:10

For a U.S. resident, this seems like the best price per bottle ($27.74 incl. shipping = $9.25 per). A couple of commenters on last year's drop said, however, that the ink is cheaper from unnamed European dealers. Useless information, as Mick Jagger once sang. I looked at a couple of sites (La Couronne du Comte, Gerstaecker.de, Amazon) but they either have higher shipping costs or a minimum order size. The Seitz-Kreuznach store on eBay (seitz-kreuznach) has only 15 of the fountain pen ($9.31 or $9.68 per) and Dokumentus ($22.62 per) inks, and doesn't offer Royal Blue, the one I'm more interested in.

Can anyone suggest other sources, or is the best bet to find a friend traveling to Germany who'd take a chance on carrying a couple of 50ml ink bottles back to the States?

Have you tried the Seitz-Kreuznach Amazon store?

They sell the R&K inks for $7.91 with free shipping to the US. That is the lowest price I know of for R&K.

#6 Theroc

Theroc

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2017 - 16:19

That is often the case, though not always.

If you live in the EU, buying European brands from Massdrop generally does not compute.

Non-European brands, are a different matter, however. Especially Massdrop one-offs ("Massdrop Made").

Unfortunately there hasn't been a MD-made drop in writing for quite some time.

#7 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2017 - 22:56

That is often the case, though not always.

If you live in the EU, buying European brands from Massdrop generally does not compute.

Non-European brands, are a different matter, however. Especially Massdrop one-offs ("Massdrop Made").

Unfortunately there hasn't been a MD-made drop in writing for quite some time.

I've been finding this more and more: with American-made products (and Massdrop special editions) they're often competitive; European-made products rarely make sense, as the double shipping (EU-US, factored into the price, plus US-AUS, which is then charged to me), tends to overshadow any saving made on the product itself.

Still, I've gotten some good deals from Massdrop - and if I could bring myself to spend hundreds of dollars for a single pen, their prices on Pelikan high-end pens from time to time are pretty remarkable...

#8 JerryA2Z

JerryA2Z

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:23

Have you tried the Seitz-Kreuznach Amazon store?

They sell the R&K inks for $7.91 with free shipping to the US. That is the lowest price I know of for R&K.

Many inks, and the price can't be beat, but like the S-K German site, no Konigsblau/Royal Blue.

#9 Keppo

Keppo

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:29

S-K store works funny way. When they run out of ink, it completely disappears from the store page. The inks you guys wanted will show up in store again once those are back in stock. They do carry all R&K inks as far as i know, including document inks, super5 and the non fp inks.

#10 JerryA2Z

JerryA2Z

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:08

S-K store works funny way. When they run out of ink, it completely disappears from the store page. The inks you guys wanted will show up in store again once those are back in stock. They do carry all R&K inks as far as i know, including document inks, super5 and the non fp inks.

Yes, that is a funny way to operate. I'm fairly patient and more than a little bit obsessed, so I might wait for the missing inks to reappear. I think other potential customers would take their trade elsewhere. I contacted the company through Amazon about the out-of-stock situation and I'll report back when customer service replies.

Also funny, is how Seitz's prices vary, depending on which site you use. On the German site, a bottle of R&K ink is 4.19, and shipping is free for orders over 15, 4.90 otherwise. On the worldwide site, Seitz-global.co.uk, the same bottle is £6.62, and shipping seems to be included.

Edited by JerryA2Z, 25 August 2017 - 12:08.

#11 Theroc

Theroc

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:11

Many inks, and the price can't be beat, but like the S-K German site, no Konigsblau/Royal Blue.

True.

And I sympathize. R&K Konigsblau is my go-to ink; the most vibrant yet completely erasable ink by far.

#12 JerryA2Z

JerryA2Z

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:42

Per Seitz customer service, the Konigsblau will be available through the Amazon store in a week or so.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rohrer & klingner

Sponsored Content

|