Salutations

rahul_sarma

Ahoy fountain pen lovers!

My name is Rahul and I am a fountain pen lover from Assam, a quaint little state in the North Eastern part of India. I have followed fpn for quite a while now but have only officially joined today.

As for my hobby, I used to write with FPs during my school days but I rediscovered the pleasure of writing with them again from last year. Ever since, I have become almost obsessed with them, sometimes spending the entire day browsing forums over next pens to invest in. I currently own a Pilot Metropolitan, a Kaweco Ice sport and some other non branded pens.

As for my taste in pens, I generally prefer writing experience, then design, then beauty/style and finally, history behind the pen.

Thank you and feel free to introduce yourselves.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rahul_sarma

• ThomasB

• jar

• Carrau

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Rahul and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Welcome aboard, Rahul, from Charleston, South Carolina. I enjoy teas made with leaves from Assam.

Mike

Welcome, Rahul !

Your fresh mind and experiences are most welcome. I hope you will share questions and experiences with us. Often, the resulting discussions, so provoked, prove informative to many of us.

In your home climate, do you select inks that dry faster in the humid conditions ? Of is there not

a need ?

Write with joy.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Greetings and welcome to FPN from a fellow pen lover from Islamabad, Pakistan. Olx.in lists sometimes good old/vintage pens with history like Parker 51 and Sheaffer inlaib nibbed pens.

Khan M. Ilyas

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Network! :W2FPN: We're glad to have you with us!

History is something that this forum is good at providing for it's fountain pens.

http://www.penchalet.com/images/logo-amazon.jpg

www.penchalet.com

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

:W2FPN: Rahul!!! :):)

I am a NRI, but, I grew up in Shillong and Guwahati, attended St Edmunds college and Cotton College ,and my parents and the extended family all live in Guwahati and in Jorhat.

So, where in Assam do you live at? When I was growing up, in the '80's and the early '90's, we unfortunately did not have access to any good pens, just the cheap Chinese made Wing Sung pens that were smuggled in and the cheap and poorly made Sulekha pens and other cheap pens manufactured in West Bengal.

Thank you everyone for all your replies. I really love the energy of this forum!

Welcome aboard, Rahul, from Charleston, South Carolina. I enjoy teas made with leaves from Assam.
Mike

Hey Mike, yes that is what we are usually famous although there is a lot more to see and do here.

Welcome, Rahul !

Your fresh mind and experiences are most welcome. I hope you will share questions and experiences with us. Often, the resulting discussions, so provoked, prove informative to many of us.

In your home climate, do you select inks that dry faster in the humid conditions ? Of is there not

a need ?

Write with joy.

Umm... I'm still kind of new to this, so I use mostly Diamine, Parker inks and local inks like Camlin.
However, both my pens have a slight hard start sometimes, especially the Metropolitan and especially on upstrokes. Haven't researched too much into it but could be baby's bottom. I don't know yet.

Greetings and welcome to FPN from a fellow pen lover from Islamabad, Pakistan. Olx.in lists sometimes good old/vintage pens with history like Parker 51 and Sheaffer inlaib nibbed pens.

Thanks buddy, I'll check them out.

:W2FPN: Rahul!!! :):)

I am a NRI, but, I grew up in Shillong and Guwahati, attended St Edmunds college and Cotton College ,and my parents and the extended family all live in Guwahati and in Jorhat.

So, where in Assam do you live at? When I was growing up, in the '80's and the early '90's, we unfortunately did not have access to any good pens, just the cheap Chinese made Wing Sung pens that were smuggled in and the cheap and poorly made Sulekha pens and other cheap pens manufactured in West Bengal.

I'm from Guwahati too. And yes, pen collections are still not good locally but online you can find most about anything (with an extra price sometimes). But I've seen Pilot pens are really cheap here compared to the states and Europe.

And just to inform, my next buy's are a Twsbi 580 and a FC Loom which I'm getting from The Writing Desk. Any advice and tips regarding my selections are appreciated.