Visconti Divina Desert Spring - Auction Won At Martemodena

pchand2

PS: I just spoke with Paypal...MarteModena has NOT responded to my claim of no shipment, and Paypal will be putting the funds back in my paypal account on Sun 10/8

I hope everyone else gets their funds back too...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pchand2

• Bill P

• FriendAmos

• iruciperi

I thought their customer service is fairly good based on the posts on FPN a few years ago. And I pretended it's due to the mis-communication between Visconti and Martemodena, because the customer service said like that. After reading your post in this and another thread, I changed my opinion. Thank you for sharing your experience.

As I wrote above, I also bought Visconti Divina Desert Spring from them, and have not received yet. My transaction was not via Paypal, but directly using my credit card, so I requested them to cancel the transaction by themselves or send the money back to my Paypal account. They chose the later option, yesterday, and not yet sent.

I will post if they reply.

I suggest that you make a claim also with your credit card issuer.

Alfredo

PS: I just spoke with Paypal...MarteModena has NOT responded to my claim of no shipment, and Paypal will be putting the funds back in my paypal account on Sun 10/8

I hope everyone else gets their funds back too...

After they removed the listings and changed their name. Now the previous MarteModena account is gone too.

Finally i got my money back via paypal dispute. Paypal closed the transaction in my favor and refunded me my money. I encourage every one to be careful with Martemodena. I followed up with martemodena for weeks for refund and all I got was empty promises. I am glad i used paypal.

My transaction with Martemodenas is now closed - thanks to Paypal....

Heres the chronology:

Won a Martemodena auction on 8/24

Paid in full on 8/24

Several days later no shipment

Over the next weeks several emails sent to Martemodena - replies kept putting me off..will ship soon..ship next week..Visconti closed for vacation...blah blah blah

Requested a refund - should ship next week..

No shipment..requested refund

Martemodena says will issue refund

No refund issued

filed escalated claim with Paypal

MarteModena never replied to Paypal

Claim closed in my favor original payment refunded to my Paypal account by Paypal

So now have learned that for several months Martemodena was selling items in their auction and in their non auction areas on their website that they did NOT have in stock...They did not indicate on their site that the items were not in stock, nor did they initially tell the buyers. BUT they collected the $$ from the buyers. Customer requested refunds, and I am not aware of anyone who received refunds from Martemodena...claims filed with Paypal were refunded by Paypal.

I am aware of several FPN members who have experienced the above set of circumstances....similar experiences from other customers are also documented on ebay in the recent feedback ratings and comments.

Martemodena is no longer a registered member/user of ebay.

The above info is provided to FPN members so you can make an informed decision, taking into account the feedback and experiences of other members...when choosing who you do business with.

Best Regards,

Bill P.

I bid on a Montblanc 4810 on ebay and paid on 12 July. Contacted them 5 days later, they said it takes up to 15 days to ship, so I waited. 15 days later, I contacted again, they said that the transaction will be done within the week so I waited. Afterwards they said the warehouse is closed until 23 Aug, fine so I waited. And then on 25/8, they did not received the item yet and asked for delay until 27/9. And then I waited and contacted them few days before and got not reply whatsoever. SO I contacted on Facebook, I did got a response said that I have to contact them via their email on their site, however, I was not able to visit their site, seems their site was down. And I got tired of this got a refund from Paypal and file a complain on Ebay, and their Ebay got report as a fraud. How silly I am to wait, should have refund awhile back.