The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Lady Sheaffers

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 smiffy20000

smiffy20000

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 16:13

Lovely pen. Good to see one with the brilliants all in place too.

I can imagine that it would be rewarding to build a collection just from this line of Sheaffers

Sponsored Content

#22 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:57

Hi, Folks!

This is a Lady Sheaffer IV Paisley c1959.  This clipless model features an Jet Black color enameled metal cap and barrel with an engraved wave pattern with gold color fill Sheaffer called Paisley.  The section is Jet Black color to match the cap and barrel.  The palladium silver nib is not hallmarked.  The pen is about 5 3/8 inches long capped.  It sold for $10.00 and the matching pencil sold for $4.95.  The packaging was a large elaborate oval paperboard cylinder similar to a cosmetics package, which included a cloth pen and pencil holder and separate ink cartridge holder, as shown.

SheafferLadyXIV_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

#23 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:08

Hi, Folks! 

This is a Lady Sheaffer XI Tulle c1959. This clipless model features a Jet Black color enameled metal cap and barrel with an engraved net pattern with gold color fill Sheaffer called Tulle. The section is Jet Black color to match the cap and barrel. The two-tone palladium masked gold nib is not hallmarked. The pen is about 5 3/8 inches long capped. It sold for $12.50 and the matching pencil sold for $5.00. The packaging was a large elaborate oval paperboard cylinder similar to a cosmetics package, which included a cloth pen and pencil holder and separate ink cartridge holder. 

SheafferLadyVI_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

#24 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2017 - 15:46

Hi, Folks! 

This is a Lady Sheaffer VI Paisley c1959. This clipless model features a Periwinkle color enameled metal cap and barrel with an engraved wave pattern with gold color fill Sheaffer called Paisley. The section is Periwinkle color to match the cap and barrel. The palladium silver nib is not hallmarked. The pen is about 5 3/8 inches long capped. It sold for $10.00 and the matching pencil sold for $4.95. This pen has the early 1960s packaging, an ivory color plastic clamshell presentation box with Lady Sheaffer graphics on the inside. 

SheafferLadyVII_1280_01a.jpg

Thanks!

#25 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,524 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2017 - 16:53

This is a good reference for Lady Sheaffer pens. Thank you.  :)

flying-letter-exc.png

#26 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2017 - 16:55

This is a good reference for Lady Sheaffer pens. Thank you.  :)

That's the plan!  Hope we get all kinds!

#27 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,524 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2017 - 16:59

I'm not sure if this counts as a lady Sheaffer. I know it's a Flamme:

fpn_1509814723__sheaffer_lady_flamme_004

flying-letter-exc.png

#28 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 22:34

Hi, Folks! 

This is a Lady Sheaffer XII Tulle c1959.  This clipless model features a gold plated metal cap and barrel with an engraved net pattern with gold color fill Sheaffer called Tulle. The section is Mandarin Red color to compliment the cap and barrel.  The gold nib is not hallmarked.  The pen is about 5 3/8 inches long capped.  It sold for $12.50 and the matching pencil sold for $5.00.  The packaging was a large elaborate oval paperboard cylinder similar to a cosmetics package, which included a cloth pen and pencil holder and separate ink cartridge holder. 

SheafferLadyXII_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

#29 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:35

Hi, Folks! 

This is a Lady Sheaffer XIV Tulle c1959. This clipless model features a red color enameled cap and barrel with an engraved net pattern with gold color fill Sheaffer called Tulle. The section is Mandarin Red color to compliment the cap and barrel. The gold nib is not hallmarked. The pen is about 5 3/8 inches long capped. It sold for $12.50 and the matching pencil sold for $5.00. The packaging was a large elaborate oval paperboard cylinder similar to a cosmetics package, which included a cloth pen and pencil holder and separate ink cartridge holder. 

SheafferLadyXIV_1280_01a.jpg

Thanks!

#30 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:28

Is it just me feeling very old and at peace with who I am but does anyone else think that these pens are now very attractive and if they were ever designated as being for women that this really doesnt matter in the slightest?

How many people does it take to comment on a question on FPN? One to give advice and make suggestions. Another one to repeat everything that the first poster has said. Fourteen to share their own experiences of their pens and comment on how the original advice was flawed.
Seven who just want to increase their post count. One to say that they have no regrets about doing anything and people should follow their example. Another to say that if there is anything wrong with the pen it is just down to using Diamine Shimmer ink. Six to argue over whether its a worth doing anything with it and the OP should just throw it away and buy their Parker 51. Another six to condemn all of the above as being  stupid and anyway they would rather be on FP Geeks. One to say that the pen is cheaper where they live. Five people to post pics of their own pens. One to say that if the OP had Faith then the pen would work - and gets banned very quickly.

Finally, one to close down the thread because it has lost its way.

#31 mitto

mitto

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,645 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2017 - 13:00

Is it just me feeling very old and at peace with who I am but does anyone else think that these pens are now very attractive and if they were ever designated as being for women that this really doesnt matter in the slightest?

You are 100% right. These are the only pens among the 50s-60s' C/C filler Sheaffer pens that I adore. Some of mines came, howecer, with short triumph nibs. Don't know if those nibs / sections are original to the pens or are replacement.

PS.
I have just saw the nib on the XIV Tulle shown above by Jim. Some of my Ladies with the triumph nibs are the ones with the clips ie not the clipless like this one. So may be these came both with short triumph as well stylepoint(?) nibs.

Edited by mitto, 16 November 2017 - 13:08.

Khan

#32 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2017 - 13:32

The clipless Lady Sheaffer pens were made from 1958 to 1964.  Sheaffer used the short conical nib on them from 1958 to 1961 and switched to the Stylpoint nib in 1962.

#33 mitto

mitto

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 7,645 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2017 - 13:38

Thank you, Jim. But did the ones with the clips also come with conocal nibs? I have a few with that combination.
Khan

#34 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 00:06

Thank you, Jim. But did the ones with the clips also come with conocal nibs? I have a few with that combination.

Yes, later pens did come with the short conical nibs.

#35 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 00:07

Hi, Folks! 

This is a Lady Sheaffer I Tweed c. 1959. This clipless model features a silver cap and barrel with an engraved wave pattern with gold color fill Sheaffer called Tweed. The section is Mandarin Red color to compliment the cap and barrel. The palladium silver nib is not hallmarked. The pen is about 5 3/8 inches long capped. It sold for $10.00 and the matching pencil sold for $4.95. The packaging was a large elaborate oval paperboard cylinder similar to a cosmetics package, which included a cloth pen and pencil holder and separate ink cartridge holder. 

SheafferLadyI_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

#36 Mangrove Jack

Mangrove Jack

Nimrod

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:55

I trust these are all Lady Sheaffers. The pen on the left is perhaps my best writer of all and that says a lot since I am a big fan of the Parker 75 and 51. I bought it some years ago and inked it straight away ..... and boy what a lovely pen. It has remained inked ever since and is my preferred every day carry.

Attached Images

• image.jpg

#37 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2017 - 22:33

Hi, Folks! 

This is a Lady Sheaffer II Corduroy c. 1959.  This clipless model features an Ivory color enameled metal cap and barrel with engraved lines and gold color fill Sheaffer called Corduroy.  The section is Ivory color to match the cap and barrel.  The correct nib for this pen is palladium silver and is not hallmarked. This one has a gold nib, which probably was a replacement.  The pen is about 5 3/8 inches long capped.  It sold for $10.00 and the matching pencil sold for $4.95.  The packaging was a large elaborate oval paperboard cylinder similar to a cosmetics package, which included a cloth pen and pencil holder and separate ink cartridge holder.

SheafferLadyII_1280_02.jpg

Thanks!

#38 mitto

mitto

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 7,645 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 02:18

Beautiful pens and beautiful photography, Jim.

I love following your threads.

Thanks.
Khan

#39 bsenn

bsenn

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 02:54

Beautiful pens and beautiful photography, Jim.

I love following your threads.

Thanks.

+1 to all!

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

#40 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 12:28

Thanks!!

Sponsored Content

|