The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Kwz Cappuccino: Was There A Formulation Change?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 glorfindel

glorfindel

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:18

A little over a year ago I got a sample of KWZ cappuccino. Only quite recently I got to use it and I really loved it.

It turned out to be a very complex brown. Think Lie de The with a tinge of moss-green. Somehow it reminded me of Rikyu-Cha, but whereas Rikyu-Cha is green with a hint of a brown, this one was brown with a hint of green.

So, of course, I ordered a bottle. And of course, the ink in the bottle, although very, very close, is not the same as was in the sample.

The green hue is gone now.

I found a review on YouTube where the ink looks exactly like what I had in the sample vial:

However, there are other reviews, where Cappuccino looks like what I got in the bottle:

http://www.fountainp...ink-cappuccino/

http://www.fountainp...wzi-cappuccino/

I suppose this could be attributed to the fact that the ink is hand-made and may vary from batch to batch.

The problem is that now, having seen the ink that came in the sample, I can't sleep... I want *that* exact ink! :-)

I was wandering if others have also experienced this and if perhaps I could mix something with it to get the green hue back.

Comparison side-by-side:

SCN_0001.jpg

Chromatography of the ink in the sample:

SCN_0002.jpg

Chromatography of the ink in the bottle:

SCN_0003.jpg

Thank you.

Sponsored Content

#2 glorfindel

glorfindel

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:42

I think I have found the answer.

And it's probably this:

http://www.fountainp...ller/?p=3770516

#3 Jan2016

Jan2016

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:17

I do not know, the link is about an IG ink, and Cappuccino is not.

The differences in chromo are not that big, and could be just normal variation.

The video looks abnormal green to me. If my Cappuccino would look like that I would skip it.... :-)

#4 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 August 2017 - 13:24

What you get in bottle is Cappuccino. I guess you might have had a wrong sample.

And Jan is right, what the video shows is way too green to be Cappuccino.

Sponsored Content

|