Paper In Col-O-Ring Ink Testing Book

sodiumnitrate

Hi all, does anyone know what paper is used in the col-o-ring ink testing books? Is there a paper similar to that for sale in the US that you know of?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sodiumnitrate

• Misfit

• Barkingpig

• toymachine

Ms. Reinert, who developed these, says from her site, "The Well Appointed Desk," these books include "paper from a 400 year old European paper mill through a distributor located right here in Kansas City." It would seem that the paper would be available, if that Distributor sells their products to other retailers, or perhaps directly.

If you haven't asked her about the source, I would direct a query to her to see if she would share the name of the distributor & specific details of the paper beyond it's "100#/60gsm natural white" description on her site.

I would also be interested in this paper, but have just been using & enjoying the Col-o-ring & not considered more paper; I am sure that would quickly change if I heard about a place that offered it for sale.

Ms. Reinert, who developed these, says from her site, "The Well Appointed Desk," these books include "paper from a 400 year old European paper mill through a distributor located right here in Kansas City." It would seem that the paper would be available, if that Distributor sells their products to other retailers, or perhaps directly.

If you haven't asked her about the source, I would direct a query to her to see if she would share the name of the distributor & specific details of the paper beyond it's "100#/60gsm natural white" description on her site.

I would also be interested in this paper, but have just been using & enjoying the Col-o-ring & not considered more paper; I am sure that would quickly change if I heard about a place that offered it for sale.

Thanks for the info! Do you know how I can get in touch with Ms. Reinert?

At Ms. Reinhert's site, THE WELL APPOINTED DESK, there is a header of options, one of which is, "Ask the Desk," which I believe I used previously when I inquired if I could purchase the Col-o-ring, directly from her, instead of the retailers who stocked it. She answered promptly & did make that possible for me.

At Ms. Reinhert's site, THE WELL APPOINTED DESK, there is a header of options, one of which is, "Ask the Desk," which I believe I used previously when I inquired if I could purchase the Col-o-ring, directly from her, instead of the retailers who stocked it. She answered promptly & did make that possible for me.

Thanks! Just sent her a note, let's see what she says.

Ana is pretty quick at responding. But she helps out at the Vanness table at pen shows, so San Francisco might be on her mind. Still, she answered a post I put on her blog about a Multi-pen from one of her old blog posts, and that was either during or right after the D.C. Super Show.

Also her husband runs Skylab Letterpress in KC, and I think he was involved in Col-O-Ring some. It's all on her blog.

Posted Image

Oh, and there's a link to her shop at her blog. I bought rubber stamps from her online shop. We live in the same metro area.

Posted Image

Ana is pretty quick at responding. But she helps out at the Vanness table at pen shows, so San Francisco might be on her mind. Still, she answered a post I put on her blog about a Multi-pen from one of her old blog posts, and that was either during or right after the D.C. Super Show.

Also her husband runs Skylab Letterpress in KC, and I think he was involved in Col-O-Ring some. It's all on her blog.

Yes, she answered my query. But sadly she says the paper is not available for sale. I just need to find a similar paper...

• 2 years later...

Yes, she answered my query. But sadly she says the paper is not available for sale. I just need to find a similar paper...

mind sharing the name of the col-o-ring paper with us? Thank you!

mind sharing the name of the col-o-ring paper with us? Thank you!

Sadly, she didn't say...