• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• max dog

• Tom Kellie

• Misfit

• horationelson

Who says so? I hope not, as it's a great ink.

I saw it in an MB boutique today and it is still available online.

Thank you both. I thought I read it here on FPN someone mentionimg this ink would be discontinued. Perhaps I misread it. I picked up this ink a year or two ago when it first came out but did not use it much but started to use it recently and find I like it a lot. Its a very pretty vibrant red that flows really nice.

I can't imagine MB dropping a basic red ink from their regular line of inks. I like Burgundy Red but it's not a substitute for corn poppy. Corn Poppy isn't as readily available as many of their other inks but I imagine it will be around a while (or replaced by a similar red ink).

~ Montblanc Corn Poppy is my go-to ink for correcting stacks of student research manuscripts.

There are several bottles in my desk. It remains on offer in the Montblanc China on-line shop.

Not only is the color ideal for correcting papers, it's been an especially well-behaved ink in my EF nibs.

Tom K.

As far as I know, Corn Poppy Red used to be limited edition, but then Montblanc added it to permanent line of inks. La Cuoronne du Comte still has it listed as limited edition, incorrectly.

It truly is a great ink.

fpn_1502947808__corn_poppy.png

~ The Montblanc China Web site lists Corn Poppy as being in stock.

After directly contacting them, asking about a possible ‘bulk purchase’, they said that there were “tens of bottles currently in stock, available for same day shipment”.

They laughed when asked if Corn Poppy was discontinued. After checking their stock listing from Germany, they confirmed that there was no notice about discontinuation.

Tom K.

fpn_1503295661__max_dog.jpg

The note was written with my Pelikan M200 steel italic. Nice flowing inks like this Corn Poppy Red, really make the nib a pleasure to use. I have an early 90's ebay acquired 146 with a juicy OB monotone 14C nib on it's way to MB repair for an overhaul. Can't wait for it to join my stable!

Edited by max dog

The poppy image is lovely.

I always liked the colour of those red poppies in the field, and this ink captures that shade of red nicely. That's the first thing I noticed when I tried the ink, and it's name is so fitting.

fpn_1503755235__corn_poppy_image.png

~ On the Montblanc USA Web site tonight Corn Poppy is listed as being in stock.

Cartridges of Corn Poppy are also offered.

As the 2017 — 2018 academic year approaches, my interest in Corn Poppy increases.

It's time to ink an EF nib with Corn Poppy for marking student research manuscripts and homework.

Tom K.

Yup... if its still on their web page it's not discountinued. That's how you know it's gone once it's off their web page.

• 9 months later...

The Pen Place in Kansas City, MO has Mont Blanc inks in stock, but not Corn Poppy Red. Had to get a bottle from Anderson Pens. Just too lovely a red to pass up.

Posted Image

I just ordered two bottles from the MB USA web site I love poppies, and poppy red.

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.