The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Newton Custom Binde On My M1000

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,952 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2017 - 13:26

Ever since Shawn modified my M800 and added the custom Blue Lizard Binde I've wanted a Pelikan M1000 done in the same material! I picked up a green stripe 1000 earlier this year and we've talked about how he might be able to make this happen. The Blue Lizard material is not quite big enough to match the actual outer diameter of the original binde on the M1000. He looked at casting the blank in another material then turning it, at building up the surface with another material and then turning it, well long story short, I asked just how much too small is the outer diameter of the blue lizard blank. He said it is just barely smaller but he couldn't be sure if he went with the blank, as is, if the pen would post. Hey, if you know me, you know I don't post pens especially big pens like the M1000. So I said go for it! He's right it won't post but goodness it's beautiful, I love it!

Here are my M800 and new M1000 with Shawn Newton custom Blue Lizard Bindes!

Attached Images

• Blue Lizzard 1000_800.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

Sponsored Content

#2 whichwatch

whichwatch

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 14:23

Gorgeous in the blue lizard!   I really should have had Shawn do an 800 that way for me!

#3 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:05

Pakman, very nice pair.  

Pelikan has been majoring in blue and brown for awhile now, especially in the M800 size.  Sometimes a guy just has to take matters in his own hands if he wants a different color... so, I've got a pen in Shawn's queue now, an M800... will post pics when it is finished.  Not blue or brown  :lol:

Edited by BillH, 14 August 2017 - 12:09.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."     -Pablo Picasso

SNAIL MAIL EXCHANGE or a postcard perhaps?

#4 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,346 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2017 - 17:24

Shawn does nice work.  Someday I want to have the money to commission a custom pen from him.  Haven't decided quite which model, but I've already mentally picked out the materials....  :rolleyes: 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#5 DrCodfish

DrCodfish

neophyte

• Member - Gold

• 1,341 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:27

Really, really nice.

I have an idea for a project  in my dream list for him:  A pen with a depiction of one of my favorite Koi engraved into the pen.  When I had him make a set as a gift for my son, my wife asked me if I wanted her to have him create a pen for me.   I should have jumped on that!

#6 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

• FPN Super Moderators

• 22,952 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2017 - 18:28

Shawn's work is great! Anyone thinking of a Pelikan Binde should consider him! The price is much less than his new custom pens. He can do bindes with almost any of the blanks that he has on his website for custom pens.

PAKMAN

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#7 DrCodfish

DrCodfish

neophyte

• Member - Gold

• 1,341 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2017 - 19:39

Pakman:

I just noticed you use The Write Pen for restoration work.  I have had work done (restoration as well as nib work) by a lot of folks and for the last two years or so I have settled on Danny.  he's the perfect combination of excellent work, great turnaround time and prices not matched by anyone else.  In fact when I got home from vacation on Monday I had 3 pens waiting at the post office which he had worked on.  All three (two Vacs and a nib grind for a Kaweco) are now in perfect working order. 

Call me a satisfied customer.

#8 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

• FPN Super Moderators

• 22,952 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 15:59

I'm so glad you are using Danny for your pen repairs, he does such great work and as you mentioned he is cheaper and keeps a shorter queue than most anyone!

PAKMAN

now selling online!

Sponsored Content

|