FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Montblanc Pavarotti Vs. Borghese?
Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:41
Trying to pull the trigger on one of these pens... any recommendations on which one will hold its value? Thanks.
Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:41
Is this to just sit in the box on a dark shelf? Then but the one you can get the bigger discount on. If you are going to use the pen, which look do you prefer?
I do not find either to be my particular taste, but if put to a choice then the Borghese as I find it the more appealing of the two.
Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:18
I prefer the Borhgese, but the Pavarotti would look less out of place for use in an office environment.
Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:32
If you like both of them, then buy the one which you like better. Whether they might or might not hold their value isn't a good reason for buying one. It's realistic to assume that neither of them will ever be worth as much as the price you pay for them now.
Some pen users don't like metal grips because they are slippery when writing. Both of these pens have metal grips. If I was considering spending that much money on a pen, neither of these would make my top 20 list.
Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:20
I agree with Zaddick that long-term value shouldn't influence your choice. That being said and if I must speculate, the Borghese appears to be better equipped for that characteristic.
Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:55
Posted 13 August 2017 - 19:35
Thanks again for the inputs & recommendations. Have a great Sunday.