The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Caran D'ache Ecridor Plating?

caran dache ecridor silver palladium

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mannenfude

mannenfude

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2017 - 19:22

I recently received a Caran d'Ache Ecridor in guilloché. It's a beautiful pen, but unfortunately I had to send it in for maintenance due to a feed issue.

I was always under the impression that these pens were palladium coated. However, the owner of the shop I brought it to seemed to suggest it was silver plated, as was written in his catalog. One of the reviews on FPN mentions it's silver plated and palladium coated, and a second look at the Caran d'Ache website lists various models in different plating.

Does anyone know what metal is on the Ecridor?

Sponsored Content

#2 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:22

Depends on the model.  There have been a brazillion Ecridor models over the decades it's been around.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#3 rh968

rh968

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 14:09

Mine is silver plated with a thin coat of rhodium.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: caran dache, ecridor, silver, palladium

Sponsored Content

|