Zycc Navy Blue

visvamitra

ZyCC is a mysterious brand of very cheap inks that can be bought on Aliexpress for 1.5$ (shipment included) for 15 ml. I know absolutely nothing about the company / brand. Given the price (less than a packet of Pelikan cartridges) I've ordered Navy Blue ink to try. The ink comes in plastic bootles:

fpn_1502464251__poc_navy.jpg

The ink is rather wet and flows very well from the ppen. There's not a lot of lubrication but what we get is just enough to enjoy writing on most papers. Drying time is rather satisfying.

fpn_1502464422__navy_pocc_is.jpg

The color isn't particularly surprising. It's generic blue black that can be used in all situations.

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1502464435__navy_pocc_rk.jpg

Color ID

fpn_1502464530__navy_pocc_midori_3.jpg

Color range

fpn_1502464588__navy_pocc_midori_4.jpg

Rhodia, Jinhao 886, medium nib

fpn_1502464608__navy_pocc_rhodia_1.jpg

fpn_1502464627__navy_pocc_rhodia_2.jpg

fpn_1502464646__navy_pocc_rhodia_3.jpg

Midori, Jinhao 886, medium nib

fpn_1502464660__navy_pocc_midori_1.jpg

fpn_1502464678__navy_pocc_midori_2.jpg

fpn_1502464694__navy_pocc_midori_5.jpg

Water resistance

fpn_1502464711__navy_pocc_h2o.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mhguda

• visvamitra

• amberleadavis

• fountainpagan

Well done for giving a total unknown a try !

:) I quite like the colour.

I have been Mr Restrained recently with no recent ink purchases and no real additions to the list. You need to work harder visvamitra ;)

That's actually quite nice. I've settled on Pilot Blue-Black as my blue-black, so am not tempted to buy other brands. But it's interesting to see what's out there. Thanks!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I like it. I think it is a little darker than Pilot Blue Black. Too bad it doesn't have better water resistance.

Thank you for another excellent review.

I was interested, after your review, to try this one for myself - and a very frustrating experience. It took a while to find, but I finally did and loaded up my shopping cart. Opened an account and tried to check out... the very last part of the process fails because you have to have a CC registered in the US, UK, or Canada... and no other payment option is available to me. Bummer.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I see just one payment method that's applicable for me, and that one does not accept my billing address...

I guess I'll get over it, Maria. But it is sure a shame, since that navy blue is really calling out to me...

Well, it's the attraction of likes... I think Daytone blue black is pretty similar, but I am unsure if I can get more of that, and I am of course using it regularly - it's one of my favorite blues... as I said, I will get over it, it's not as if I have no blue ink in my stash... but this one does have an appeal, and that appeal has just doubled by unobtainability.

Awesome discovery.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 11 months later...

I also have the same ink. Color is beautiful indeed, however I've tried it with Jinhao x750, and after a while it felt and wrote "drier", not even before using half of the ink in converter.

Now this ink is at another of my pens, and so far it's behaving great.

For the Jinhao pen which I had problems with this ink, I've found a similar color, Diamine Prussian Blue, and using it since, no problems whatsoever.

In fact, this ink is the main reason I like this blue-black color / tone a lot!

I can easily suggest this ink and color to anyone. After all, it's $1.8 / 15ml.

Thanks for the review.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY