The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Any Events Near Manchester Uk?

clubs events manchester england

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 judo

judo

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:59

Does anyone know of any events, clubs, gatherings near Manchester UK to discuss fountain pens, swap ideas or spares? I apologise if this query has been raised before but I've not found anything relevant.

"In my early days there were few schools to help us in the pursuit of learning.

If we wanted to climb, we had first to make our own ladders".

Benjamin Brierley (1825-1896),

English weaver and self taught writer/publisher in Lancashire dialect.

Sponsored Content

#2 Bagdatapolous

Bagdatapolous

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:09

None that I know of, you could always look for a venue with parking, tables and coffee and see if the Field of Dreams adage is actually true.

#3 judo

judo

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:34

Looking back through the FPN archives, I see someone organised a Manchester coffee shop meet in 2006. It seemed to take a lot of messages to get a date fixed. Was it successful? Are the members still meeting?

"In my early days there were few schools to help us in the pursuit of learning.

If we wanted to climb, we had first to make our own ladders".

Benjamin Brierley (1825-1896),

English weaver and self taught writer/publisher in Lancashire dialect.

#4 Bagdatapolous

Bagdatapolous

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:41

Looking back through the FPN archives, I see someone organised a Manchester coffee shop meet in 2006. It seemed to take a lot of messages to get a date fixed. Was it successful? Are the members still meeting?

It is not mentionned on here as far as I can see so the answer to both of your questions is probably no.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clubs, events, manchester, england

Sponsored Content

|