The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Some Sheaffers I Got For Free (Including One I Can't Quite Identify)

snorkel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 teryg93

teryg93

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:32

I was given a bag of pens a couple of days ago. There were several Sheaffer fountain pens in it. One was what I would call a standard school pen--the kind I used in grammar school. There's a No Nonsense. A Snorkel that I could not identify at first. It seems to be in excellent shape so I put water in it to see if it will leak. I'm pretty sure it had ink in it before I cleaned it. Most of the pens did. There was also this pen, which I can't quite identify. It has a pink dot on the clip and not much writing on the nib. The size is on the back. Other than that, the nib just says Sheaffer on the first line, U.S.A. on the left side of the second line, and a registration symbol on the right side of the second line. Can anyone clarify what this is?

pens5_schaeffer_compressed.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 teryg93

teryg93

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:32

I did ink this up and it writes beautifully (with the F nib).

#3 tbickiii

tbickiii

tbickiii

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2017 - 13:19

I believe it is a Triumph Imperial Model 2330...A good reference is sheaffertarga.com...What is really nice are the nibs you have with it--appear to be a medium and a broad italic along with the fine

Thomas
Baton Rouge, LA
(tbickiii)

Check out my ebay pen listings
:
  tbickiii's Vintage Fountain Pens

#4 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,965 posts